Have you ever been compared to a murderer?

Page 6 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Have you been compared to a murderer before?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
No 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
Not sure 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 11:14 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Yes i have been compared to Jeffrey Dahmer because I am church of Christ like he was.
was he? I know his brother was. I didn't know he was

Wreck It Ralph

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 11:42 am

skibum wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
It's just America, there's always school shootings there and always by nutters that happen to be autistic. I know this was in the UK but was the nutter that shot the primary school in Dunblane in 1996 autistic like the rest of them? Suppose he was. :roll: Are there ANY allistic school shooters?

Most school shooters aren't autistic, and seem to have social issues due to the emotional issues they have from familial abuse (they act out, don't know how to treat other people, get ridiculed for it, get resentful over the ridicule, etc.). Even though I don't think people associate autism with mass shootings, I do hear some people read that they had "social issues" and they immediately speculate whether it was autism, though that's a minority of people and I usually see other people dismiss that as bull.
unfortunately I learned this years ago so I don't remember if it was a documentary or something I read. But I remember that there had been a study on school shooters in the US which found that, I believe, if I remember correctly, (I saw this years ago) every single one of was either on or had just gotten off of a specific medication. I will have to research and see if I can find that again. I think it was some kind of anti depressant.

I better not come off my antidepressants then.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 12:21 pm

Joe90 wrote:
skibum wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
It's just America, there's always school shootings there and always by nutters that happen to be autistic. I know this was in the UK but was the nutter that shot the primary school in Dunblane in 1996 autistic like the rest of them? Suppose he was. :roll: Are there ANY allistic school shooters?

Most school shooters aren't autistic, and seem to have social issues due to the emotional issues they have from familial abuse (they act out, don't know how to treat other people, get ridiculed for it, get resentful over the ridicule, etc.). Even though I don't think people associate autism with mass shootings, I do hear some people read that they had "social issues" and they immediately speculate whether it was autism, though that's a minority of people and I usually see other people dismiss that as bull.
unfortunately I learned this years ago so I don't remember if it was a documentary or something I read. But I remember that there had been a study on school shooters in the US which found that, I believe, if I remember correctly, (I saw this years ago) every single one of was either on or had just gotten off of a specific medication. I will have to research and see if I can find that again. I think it was some kind of anti depressant.

I better not come off my antidepressants then.
:lol:

Wreck It Ralph

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 2:19 pm

I think I should share this.
When I first met my boyfriend he was shy and quiet around my family at first. Whenever he came over he'd stay in my room and not want to interact too much with my family. Being so a cousin of the same age as me was actually with a psychopathic control freak at the time, my family were paranoid about women in the family getting new boyfriends. But the psychopathic control freak my cousin was with actually started out very charming and talkative when he all first met him, and then it didn't take long for his true colours to show (he had all the common traits of a psychopath and a sociopath). But my boyfriend being quiet didn't make my family uneasy about him. They thought it was a little odd for a grown man to want to hide away in his girlfriend's bedroom whenever he came over, but they didn't feel distrustful or uneasy or anything. And I know my family; we are very close and are always honest with each other so if they did feel uneasy they would have said to me or at least looked worried. But they felt he was a nice guy and even helped me sort my passport out so I could go on vacation with him. And a couple of months into our relationship he started becoming less shy around my family. It's 7 years later and he is definitely a sweet, loving, decent man.

So in the UK (and probably most other countries) people don't associate quiet people with killers or psychopaths. Thank God I live here and not the US, where people seem to be so paranoid and prejudiced and lack empathy for people's feelings.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:22 pm

I'm a Yank.....and I don't assume a quiet person is a psychopath.

I was quiet on my job when I started it 40 years ago. Nobody thought badly of it. People merely tried to "bring me out of my shell." And they succeeded.

Now, they can't shut me up :P

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:36 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I think I should share this.
When I first met my boyfriend he was shy and quiet around my family at first. Whenever he came over he'd stay in my room and not want to interact too much with my family. Being so a cousin of the same age as me was actually with a psychopathic control freak at the time, my family were paranoid about women in the family getting new boyfriends. But the psychopathic control freak my cousin was with actually started out very charming and talkative when he all first met him, and then it didn't take long for his true colours to show (he had all the common traits of a psychopath and a sociopath). But my boyfriend being quiet didn't make my family uneasy about him. They thought it was a little odd for a grown man to want to hide away in his girlfriend's bedroom whenever he came over, but they didn't feel distrustful or uneasy or anything. And I know my family; we are very close and are always honest with each other so if they did feel uneasy they would have said to me or at least looked worried. But they felt he was a nice guy and even helped me sort my passport out so I could go on vacation with him. And a couple of months into our relationship he started becoming less shy around my family. It's 7 years later and he is definitely a sweet, loving, decent man.

So in the UK (and probably most other countries) people don't associate quiet people with killers or psychopaths. Thank God I live here and not the US, where people seem to be so paranoid and prejudiced and lack empathy for people's feelings.
I am so glad you have a great guy. You deserve that.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm a Yank.....and I don't assume a quiet person is a psychopath.

I was quiet on my job when I started it 40 years ago. Nobody thought badly of it. People merely tried to "bring me out of my shell." And they succeeded.

Now, they can't shut me up :P
I find this thread so fascinating because I never assume anyone is a psychopath or a sociopath or even a narcissist. But it's very dangerous for me because I can't recognize "bad" or unstable people unless they are super blatently obvious like red flag beacons. So it's extremely easy for social predators to snare me.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:58 pm

My approach is to be "friendly, but wary."

I don't really plunge headfirst into friendships. I have to have "a way out."

I keep myself out of intimacy in my mind---even if I'm intimate with someone in body.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
My approach is to be "friendly, but wary."

I don't really plunge headfirst into friendships. I have to have "a way out."

I keep myself out of intimacy in my mind---even if I'm intimate with someone in body.
unfortunately my emotional age makes it very difficult for me to do that

Wreck It Ralph

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 10:36 pm

skibum wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Yes i have been compared to Jeffrey Dahmer because I am church of Christ like he was.
was he? I know his brother was. I didn't know he was

Ya he was.....he was baptized into the church of Christ shortly before his death.