Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2021, 11:12 pm

So, after years of striking out in jobs and careers; I finally came to the realization that maybe my calling and path has been staring me right in front of my face for all these years. So, instead of doing accounting or working with kids in school, I believe that what I'm meant to do is be a professional advocate for adults and kids with autism; especially kids with high functioning autism; this way they'll never have to go through what I went through and don't get diagnosed until after their 28 and never wondering why they haven't gotten hired for a job, as well as the fact that they were never able to receive the proper services especially in high school. And I believe that no one would be better at sympathizing and understanding what they're going through than a person who was diagnosed with the same disorder later on in their adult life. Unfortunately, though, my towns a rural community about an hour north of Sacramento and only has 60,000 people or so; so we pretty much have no autism advocacy organization here in our town. Instead people have to go to Sacramento at a minimum to do anything specialized. So, my hope is maybe somehow, someway, we can have an autism advocacy organization have a chapter here in my town. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes you don't realize what's pointing you in the face.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2021, 4:46 am

If there is nothing in your area then it sounds like you're the person to start something! Good luck!