Why does everyone want to cure a species issue???

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2021, 5:17 am

Neanderthal like every other 1000s of specie…our brains are just made differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSYv_Z4SI8

The Big Bang theory…it all started with a Big Bang.

Bang.

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2021, 5:39 am

Exactly what are you trying to say?

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2021, 5:56 am

I read the fact that autism is not an illness.

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2021, 6:11 am

Forgive me being blunt, but your topic title was not clear on what you are trying to get at, and then your message content was about Neanderthals and a youtube link to a television show. All of which are unrelated to your question. It makes it very hard to track what you are getting at.

Not everyone wants to cure "a species issue." A lot of people misunderstand Autism to be a curable disease, and because Autism is inconvenient to NT living, because of the attention requirements Autistics have (especially when younger), NT's want to "cure" it. Few people actually bother to research enough to find out that it isn't a disease, or an illness, it is a condition, a disorder you are born with (and which is hereditary).

Some NT's DO read up on this and want to STILL cure it by researching ways to prevent people from being born Autistic...to remove the Autistic gene in utero. Some famous agencies (Autism Speaks) seem to be accused of doing this.

But none of that explains WHY, which is your question. WHY do people want to cure it? Because it is inconvenient, as I said. Many (but not all) NT people are upset by Autistic life, and fear that it means the person who is autistic is automatically some sort of freak. The fear is variable...some people are afraid of different things, but the fear is the same.

Then some idiot decided that it was something that could be caused by vaccinations, which is a stupid claim, further stigmatizing Autism and making it all worse. Again, this is fueled by fear, and it causes more fear. Now some NT people are afraid that they might catch Autism, or their "perfectly normal" kid might catch the autism by being vaccinated. All of this right before a Pandemic, and it is pretty horrible seeing the results: Parents not vaccinating their kids, coming up with ridiculous excuses, and perpetuating lies to try to prevent something that isn't preventable. If a person is Autistic, they were born with it.

So that is your answer: Fear. People are afraid of things that they do not understand. And Autism is a very hard thing to understand. Plus it looks scary to other people when your kid is having a breakdown for no apparent reason. They tend to overlook the part where the kid is scared too, and can't really explain why.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:30 am

Something Profound wrote:
Forgive me being blunt, but your topic title was not clear on what you are trying to get at, and then your message content was about Neanderthals and a youtube link to a television show.  All of which are unrelated to your question.  It makes it very hard to track what you are getting at. [...]
That is just how he is.  There is no point in trying to correct him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2021, 2:54 pm

Listen to the lyrics…Neanderthals developed tools we built the wall (Illuminati sign) we built the pyramids.

It is, a basic history of earth.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 3:47 pm

Technic1 wrote:
Listen to the lyrics…Neanderthals developed tools we built the wall (Illuminati sign) we built the pyramids.

So.."Neanderthals developed tools".

What does that have to do with "wanting to cure a species"?

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2021, 4:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
Something Profound wrote:
Forgive me being blunt, but your topic title was not clear on what you are trying to get at, and then your message content was about Neanderthals and a youtube link to a television show.  All of which are unrelated to your question.  It makes it very hard to track what you are getting at. [...]
That is just how he is.  There is no point in trying to correct him.

Me being blunt is how I am. I am also expressing my lack of understanding in making the connection between the title and the message content. I get that Technic is like that, since he makes a lot of topics. Knowing this, I tried to do my best to answer what I *think* his question is.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm

I think the OP is implying we're a different species, possibly that we ourselves are Neanderthanls. Not accurate, biologically.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm

That was, or maybe still is, a "thing". The hypothesis that autistics are autistics because they inherited a slightly different "bio psychology"- from remnant DNA from Neanderthal ancestors.

But that has nothing to do with the theme song of the sitcom the Big Bang Theory.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 5:30 pm

Technic1 wrote:

Are you really using a Barenaked Ladies song as the core of your argument? :|

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 5:35 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
That was, or maybe still is, a "thing". The hypothesis that autistics are autistics because they inherited a slightly different "bio psychology"- from remnant DNA from Neanderthal ancestors.

But that has nothing to do with the theme song of the sitcom the Big Bang Theory.

Possibly. On the whole, we're homo sapien. It would also imply that our NT forebears had enough Neanderthal DNA to pass down, but not enough that if affected them to make them Autistic. So, if true, individual Aspies would be getting higher-than-average Neanderthal DNA from various ancestors. The average NT would, presumably, have much less.

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2021, 5:44 pm

If indeed the argument *IS* That Autists are descended from Neanderthals, then again, it is incurable...you can't get rid of all Neanderthal DNA from our genome.

But that won't stop people from trying, because humanity is by nature a rather xenophobic species, and they dislike anything that isn't "typical."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:07 pm

I looked up neanderthals DNA in humans today and autism wasn't mentioned. All what came up was this:-

Quote:
East Asians seem to have the most Neanderthal DNA in their genomes, followed by those of European ancestry. Africans, long thought to have no Neanderthal DNA, were recently found to have genes from the hominins comprising around 0.3 percent of their genome.

It's more about race and nationality, not a brain wiring. It's like saying people with downs syndrome are descended from something else. I'm sorry if that disappoints those who love to believe that autism is a different species to make yourselves feel more different than you really are.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:49 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I looked up neanderthals DNA in humans today and autism wasn't mentioned. All what came up was this:-

Quote:
East Asians seem to have the most Neanderthal DNA in their genomes, followed by those of European ancestry. Africans, long thought to have no Neanderthal DNA, were recently found to have genes from the hominins comprising around 0.3 percent of their genome.

It's more about race and nationality, not a brain wiring. It's like saying people with downs syndrome are descended from something else. I'm sorry if that disappoints those who love to believe that autism is a different species to make yourselves feel more different than you really are.

They're kinda just doing the opposite of what you're prone to at times.

They don't want to feel bad or inferior for having ASD so they invent reasons for how it makes them actually better than other people.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:14 pm

Quote:
They're kinda just doing the opposite of what you're prone to at times.

They don't want to feel bad or inferior for having ASD so they invent reasons for how it makes them actually better than other people.

I feel bad, inferior and insecure of having ASD but looking at the existing similarities I have to NTs makes me feel a lot better. Trying to tell myself that I am a normal human being makes me feel better too. Unfortunately most of the people on WP will doubt this.