'It is clear' the American public has 'turned on Joe Biden'

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:52 am

Quote:
Despite all the "Herculean" efforts of his allies in the media, it is clear that the American public has turned on Joe Biden, according to documentary filmmaker Ami Horowitz.

"His poll numbers are suffering – they are precipitously dropping and they don't know what to do about it," Mr Horowitz told Outsiders.

"They're trying to pull whatever spin they possibly can, you know, 'fleeting inflation', they keep saying that, or it's 'core producer price index'.

"They start getting the minutia of inflation saying it's 'not really inflation' – but people aren't that dumb, people see right through it."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:54 am

Quote:
Documentary filmmaker Ami Horowitz says Joe Biden's allies in the media have for the most part "turned on him" and his administration.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:57 am

He's still doing a helluvalot better than Trump.

Trump wanted to withdraw out of Afghanistan, too.

I don't like to conceive how the present COVID situation would have manifested itself under Trump.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
He's still doing a helluvalot better than Trump.

Trump wanted to withdraw out of Afghanistan, too.

I don't like to conceive how the present COVID situation would have manifested itself under Trump.

Regarding how Trump would have handled the Afghanistan retreat withdrawal: We will never know. 8)
Regarding Trump and Covid: He was responsible for "Operation Warp Speed".
Other than that, We will never know. 8)

Not defending him.
Just stating the Truth. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:13 am

Trump was responsible for being very lax about wearing masks, and for proposing various "treatments" for COVID----like injecting cleaning fluid.

He wanted to withhold vaccines from "blue" states because their leaders were "progressive leftists." He made COVID a political thing.....

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:13 am

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it must have been started by either Brictoria or Pepe -- neither of whom are Americans -- and that it would feature at least one YouTube video as fake "evidence".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump was responsible for being very lax about wearing masks, and for proposing various "treatments" for COVID----like injecting cleaning fluid.

He wanted to withhold vaccines from "blue" states because their leaders were "progressive leftists." He made COVID a political thing.....

Trump's poor handling of the Wuhan virus lost him the election, yes. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:16 am

Fnord wrote:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it must have been started by either Brictoria or Pepe -- neither of whom are Americans -- and that it would feature at least one YouTube video as fake "evidence".

Constructive commentary is always welcome. 8)

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:31 am

Biden isn't even in charge. Running him for president was elder abuse.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:37 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Constructive commentary is always welcome. 8)

I think it's just his way of acknowledging what was provided was accurate - It's a comon tactic of those who dislike the information people supply to attack the messenger.

Otherwise, he would have provided facts which counter what you posted in order to demonstrate what was wrong with it...

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:38 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:

More to the point...Is ANYONE in charge?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 1:55 pm

Fnord wrote:

The video is a Sky News video, I'm not sure YouTube is to blame for Sky News' biased video.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 1:56 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Can you substantiate this claim at all? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 4:45 pm

Criticism and disappointment at this moment is inevitable. Most Democrats who support Biden aren’t pretending the buck doesn’t stop with the president. But we’re also feeling that everything happening right now was inevitable, that there was no way to have a good outcome, and blame games are a waste of time. Biden was boxed in by decisions made by prior presidents, and his errors in handling the details pale against the errors which brought us to this moment.

Claiming he isn’t in charge is ridiculous; he has minor senior moments, but he’s still sharper than most adults in their prime. Did you watch the debates, how often he had a quick, relevant and stinging reply? He was thinking on his feet. You can’t script and puppet control that, or Pence would have done better in his debate.

No one is perfect, but not an ounce of me regrets voting for Biden. I believe he remains the best choice we had for this time in history.

I find it frustrating that US politics is either so entertaining or such an international gossip magnet that any foreign National would spend more time with it than their own. This is real life to me; not an intellectual exercise, and foreign influences can have a profound negative effect on the debate, increasing dangerous divisiveness while lacking all the necessary background perspective. Even if it’s from Nationals in a friendly country, there is a point at which the input exceeds any potential usefulness as an outside perspective.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 5:12 pm

I didn't turn on him. I never supported him in the first place.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 5:17 pm

The truth is support for Trump or Biden among the masses has nothing to do with Afghanistan.

The people panicked: There's a deadly virus! It's Trump's fault! We can't elect him again. Biden will make it better.

It seemed to be going that way at first. People believed voting for Biden would bring sustained normalcy. But now there's talk of more lock-downs and masking and booster shots.