Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Deep Heat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2021, 11:24 am

Ingredients: corn starch, baking soda, coconut oil, essential oil

3/4 cup corn starch. 1/4cup baking soda. Put both together in container with a lid and shake to mix. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil and shake again to mix. Melt some coconut oil and add to flour like mixture of baking soda/corn starch and mix. Pour into small pot or whatever you have laying around that has a lid to put on afterwards and let set (I use washed out shaving soap jar). Smells like mint cornetto ice cream and most importantly is very effective. Your have to play around with how much coconut oil to use. Just add it slowly. Once you've made a batch or two your be able to gauge it better.

Can be used as a dry mix without the coconut oil, but I found that it usually always left white streaks when I put a t-shirt on. If you want to test how effective it is as a deodorant just combine a smaller amount of the corn starch/baking soda and test it out for a day or two to test its effectiveness as a deodorant.

Personally I've not gone back to commercial deodorants since coming across this recipe.

Does anyone else like to make their own deodorant, soap or any other skin care product then please share?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 11:26 am

Fresh lemon juice.

Deep Heat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2021, 1:22 am

Thanks for the tip Isabelle. I'll give it a try.