Page 1 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 4:37 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alleged-bois ... 56758.html

Last edited by envirozentinel on 23 Aug 2021, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.: the additional remarks are not called for

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 4:59 am

They will either link this to Joe Biden's presidency or ignore it Kraichie.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:37 am

Some neo-Nazis wanted to engage in acts of domestic terrorism or disruption. And?

You seem to be implying that anyone on the right is automatically a Nazi. What explanation are you looking for? It's like asking, "How will those on the left defend Antifa burning down a public building?" I don't think anyone's political persuasion means they automatically support radical violence and destruction.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 7:09 am

It’s Idaho, not surprised.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 8:01 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Some neo-Nazis wanted to engage in acts of domestic terrorism or disruption. And?

You seem to be implying that anyone on the right is automatically a Nazi. What explanation are you looking for? It's like asking, "How will those on the left defend Antifa burning down a public building?" I don't think anyone's political persuasion means they automatically support radical violence and destruction.

I didn't notice the OP using the word "Nazi" anywhere in this post. "Butthole" =/= "Nazi".

Although it's quite true that most right-wing people are not Nazis, there is a real phenomenon occurring whereby events in today's US compellingly recall events in 1920's Germany, that eventually led to the Nazi Party later seizing power. So you can't blame many Americans for feeling as though they face a future under a 21st Century version of Nazism. The next time you read something that appears to you as a naïve false equivalence between respectable right-wing opinion and Nazism, please think about what may have led the writer to draw that conclusion. Consider that the Republican Party is the Leading Party in the US, that White Americans are the dominant group and the vast majority are Republican, and that only a tiny fraction of Republican politicians have spoken out against the January 6 "Putsch" — and you might understand why a lot of people are angry and afraid.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 9:40 am

Sounds like they are members of the Atomwaffen Division.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 9:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Sounds like they are members of the Atomwaffen Division.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 2:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
{text was redacted from OP}

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
You seem to be implying that anyone on the right is automatically a Nazi.

MaxE wrote:
I didn't notice the OP using the word "Nazi" anywhere in this post. "Butthole" =/= "Nazi".

Connect some dots.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 2:57 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

"WP right" =/= the entire right. I don't get involved in political discussions often, but it does seem that there are a few right-leaning WP members that attempt to somehow downplay and justify these things. Someone pointing that out doesn't mean the entirety of the right are neo-Nazis, just that there is a pattern of right-leaning people on WP defending the actions of neo-Nazis.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 3:02 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

"WP right" =/= the entire right. I don't get involved in political discussions often, but it does seem that there are a few right-leaning WP members that attempt to somehow downplay and justify these things. Someone pointing that out doesn't mean the entirety of the right are neo-Nazis, just that there is a pattern of right-leaning people on WP defending the actions of neo-Nazis.

Thank you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 3:04 pm

MaxE wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

Although it's quite true that most right-wing people are not Nazis, there is a real phenomenon occurring whereby events in today's US compellingly recall events in 1920's Germany, that eventually led to the Nazi Party later seizing power. So you can't blame many Americans for feeling as though they face a future under a 21st Century version of Nazism. The next time you read something that appears to you as a naïve false equivalence between respectable right-wing opinion and Nazism, please think about what may have led the writer to draw that conclusion. Consider that the Republican Party is the Leading Party in the US, that White Americans are the dominant group and the vast majority are Republican, and that only a tiny fraction of Republican politicians have spoken out against the January 6 "Putsch" — and you might understand why a lot of people are angry and afraid.

Thank you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 3:08 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

I appreciate you connecting the dots. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 3:28 pm

Our power grid is vulnerable, this is something that needs to be addressed. Not only from these sorts of attacks, but they should be hardened. If we had another Carrington Event, we would be f****d.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:30 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Link up some posts. Show me what you're talking about. The implication after posting a link about neo-Nazis and then saying one yearns for the WP right to defend them seemingly suggests the OP feels the WP right all support fringe terrorism. I don't think most people support fringe terrorism regardless of political affiliation on or off this site.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 6:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Boy, talk about a tainted POV about non-progressives.

I would put your post in the "Misrepresentation" catagory.
Your premise is that all the right-wing is as hyperpartisan (as you are on the left).
This is logically invalid. 8)

On the bright side, your strawman skills have significantly improved.
Kudos. :thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 6:14 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

How can anyone see it in any other way? :mrgreen:
I don't want this thread to be locked, but it seems a little trollish.
Nice clickbait, btw. 8)