Page 7 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 3:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I'm not even sure I should be publicising it's existence given it seems to have fatal attraction to young angry males.

Is it really that hard for you to admit that you were wrong about something? It's not only easy and painless, it actually makes people more likely to trust you in the future if you acknowledge your mistakes. "Oh, it looks like I was misinformed, my bad" is not the end of the world, you should try it sometime.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 7:02 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'm not even sure I should be publicising it's existence given it seems to have fatal attraction to young angry males.

Is it really that hard for you to admit that you were wrong about something? It's not only easy and painless, it actually makes people more likely to trust you in the future if you acknowledge your mistakes. "Oh, it looks like I was misinformed, my bad" is not the end of the world, you should try it sometime.

I think one of the problems with that publication is it's wide distribution, circulation and popularity with the far right all over the world. I don't want to keep publicising it as I may be unwittingly inspiring younger males reading this post.

It even inspired the capitol riots
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/book ... cists.html

A warning of it's danger

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 7:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Only reason the atom bomb wasn't used on Germany is because they were crushed a little before it was ready. That's a shame too.

Yikes.

I consider this trollish behaviour, with the intention of trying to outrage me.
That is never going to happen. 8)

I suggest you not give such commentary oxygen. :wink:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 7:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I think one of the problems with that publication is it's wide distribution, circulation and popularity with the far right all over the world. I don't want to keep publicising it as I may be unwittingly inspiring younger males reading this post.

A warning of it's danger

Odd, you never had a problem mentioning it over and over before, it's only when asked to prove your thesis that suddenly you have reservations about mentioning it. All to avoid admitting that you were wrong. Sad.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 7:56 pm

Dox47 wrote:

I will admit when I am incorrect.
Fortunately, it rarely happens because:
1. I acknowledge my limitation when I have insufficient knowledge on a topic.
2. I do the hard yakka research when the subject is important to me.
3. I don't play Devi'ls Advocacy.
4. My ego won't be shattered if I am seen to be less than infallible.
5. And I am extremely honest and prefer not to lie through omission, gaslight, embrace hyperpartisanship, and engage in cheap debating tricks. 8)

Not everyone has these high standards. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Odd, you never had a problem mentioning it over and over before, it's only when asked to prove your thesis that suddenly you have reservations about mentioning it. All to avoid admitting that you were wrong. Sad.

I am a little short of breath.
Covid?
I hope not. 8O
Please conserve oxygen. :mrgreen:

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:17 pm

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Only reason the atom bomb wasn't used on Germany is because they were crushed a little before it was ready. That's a shame too.

Yikes.

What's your fascination with the Fatherland? You have to wonder about that from someone living in a nation that was one of the Allies. I've talked with veterans who said Kraut camp guards received a bullet through the head and were then buried in shallow unmarked graves to be forgotten by the world forever. A fitting fate but a waste of a bullet.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:23 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A warning of it's danger

It has become apparent to me that it may have the opposite effect.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:26 pm

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I am a little short of breath.
Covid?
I hope not. 8O
Please conserve oxygen. :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/PzEBp9EV2pg

Ein guten Tag war das.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:41 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A warning of it's danger

You'd possibly be amazed at how often something like this occurs...

It's similar to the "factual claims" made (as opposed to statements of opinion), which never provide material supporting the statement, and requests for links (which would both show respect for those - participant or not - who read the thread, as well as assist everyone to better understand both the subject under discussion) go ignored. At a certain point it can cause people to believe that those who act in this way aren't interested in an honest discussion...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:47 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A warning of it's danger

You'd possibly be amazed at how often something like this occurs...

It's similar to the "factual claims" made (as opposed to statements of opinion), which never provide material supporting the statement, and requests for links (which would both show respect for those - participant or not - who read the thread, as well as assist everyone to better understand both the subject under discussion) go ignored. At a certain point it can cause people to believe that those who act in this way aren't interested in an honest discussion...

And what do you honestly believe motivates people to join these groups? why is it so problematic to label them Neo-Nazis when they openly use Nazi paraphernalia, tattoos, labels and associated literature? that are the topic of the thread? how much freedom should they have to roam the streets expressing their ideas?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 8:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A warning of it's danger

It has become apparent to me that it may have the opposite effect.

Translation: It has become apparent that I cannot substantiate my claim, so am now trying to hide from being required to prove what I cannot?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 9:06 pm

alex wrote:
2. Racist imagery (confederate flags, white nationalist symbols, swastikas, etc,) are not permitted in any context. This includes memes.

Alex Plank, 25 August 2020. ^

Please delete this racist photo.

cyberdad wrote:
Again the selective amnesia is strong in some here but I'll repeat the OPs article again for the second time
Alleged Boise neo-Nazis charged with planning power grid attacks in Idaho, Northwest

There is no Godwin's law or trigger in using the word "Neo-Nazi" as the white supremacists in the article quite clearly make their affiliation crystal clear.

Secondly while Brendon Tarrant or Timothy McVeigh might not have been card carrying members of these groups, they followed a white supremacist manifesto to start a race war that led them to kill multiple innocent civilians.

That manifesto and the Turner diary is not a figment of some left wing imagination. It's a fact. Whether dealing with KKK, Neo)_nazis, Aryan brotherhood, alt-right (or whatever other label they choose to use) that these groups endgoal is race war and waiting for an opportunity to act on civilian targets. To me they are no different to ISIS, Al Qaeda or the Taliban.

The difference is that in Melbourne, my daughter or wife are potential targets of white supremacists. I don't have to worry about islamic terror but I know there are wolves roaming the streets in Melbourne who are expressing a desire to attack civilians of colour and start a race war
https://www.theage.com.au/national/insi ... 58i3x.html

So for me it's not virtue signalling, it's a legit concern that I am entitled to hold.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 9:17 pm

Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Yikes.

What's your fascination with the Fatherland? You have to wonder about that from someone living in a nation that was one of the Allies. I've talked with veterans who said Kraut camp guards received a bullet through the head and were then buried in shallow unmarked graves to be forgotten by the world forever. A fitting fate but a waste of a bullet.

Maybe, do some research before posting what appear to be quite inflammatory posts:
Try starting here: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387906&p=8542486#p8542486
Or here: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=392782&p=8670153#p8670153

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 9:35 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Yikes.

Maybe, do some research before posting what appear to be quite inflammatory posts:
Try starting here: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387906&p=8542486#p8542486
Or here: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=392782&p=8670153#p8670153

Based on the first quote I gave him what he wanted then.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 9:37 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
alex wrote:
2. Racist imagery (confederate flags, white nationalist symbols, swastikas, etc,) are not permitted in any context. This includes memes.

Alex Plank, 25 August 2020. ^

Please delete this racist photo.
<snipped quote with image>

It's a shame that we have racists here who are so happy to ignore the site rules and post banned images (as occurred in your example), isn't it.