Column: Larry Elder is the Black face of white supremacy.

Page 18 of 41 [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 41  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ Your sarcasm is noted.

:mrgreen:

:twisted:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 5:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Democrats have far too long taken certain demographics for granted. Trump spoke to that frustration. Democrats do need to pay attention to who he drew in and why.

Kind of as far as I want to go on this point at this moment.

European Left has the same problem, maybe even more of it. They seem to have quite forgotten their working-class-oriented roots.

The same has happened, here in Australia, with the Labor Party.
I think I see a trend. 8O

I don't want this concept to get lost. It seems to be an uncomfortable (to us Liberals) truth.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 6:14 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
By not voting for the black guy they are racists. I don't make the rules.

politics makes for some strange bedfellows, POC's choice was to vote for an ableist classist hater of his own race who would have demonstrably done his fellow POC some major dirt [voting to make it harder for them to vote, voting to eliminate minimum wage et al], or make a deal with the white guy. i know which one i'd have chosen.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

politics makes for some strange bedfellows, POC's choice was to vote for an ableist classist hater of his own race who would have demonstrably done his fellow POC some major dirt [voting to make it harder for them to vote, voting to eliminate minimum wage et al], or make a deal with the white guy. i know which one i'd have chosen.

Where is the evidence that Larry Elder wishes to harm his own people?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:28 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
[...] Black people (or any other people) don't have to fit into a stereotypical box to be black.  This is more about control than anything.  Just like Uncle Joe saying if you don't vote for him "You ain't black!"
Agreed.

It is also fair to point out that (1) the election is over, (2) Newsom is still governor, and (3) whatever whiny complaints the opposition candidates may have had , they are irrelevant.

But the issues that led to the recall still exist. California is in a shambles and is getting worse.

I disagree. As, apparently, does most of the state. Using objective measures, we’re doing much better than most other states. Still, no state government can ever make all the people happy all the time. That is life, unfortunately.

"Progressive" California has never had a black governor.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Wrong question. I doubt he WISHES to. I am sure he is convinced his political positions will lift all boats; most politicians retain a good amount of idealism, even when their policies are completely wrong headed. Elder supports policies and ideas that the numbers show will harm people of color, especially in the realm of voting access.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:32 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
[...] Black people (or any other people) don't have to fit into a stereotypical box to be black.  This is more about control than anything.  Just like Uncle Joe saying if you don't vote for him "You ain't black!"
Agreed.

It is also fair to point out that (1) the election is over, (2) Newsom is still governor, and (3) whatever whiny complaints the opposition candidates may have had , they are irrelevant.

But the issues that led to the recall still exist. California is in a shambles and is getting worse.

I disagree. As, apparently, does most of the state. Using objective measures, we’re doing much better than most other states. Still, no state government can ever make all the people happy all the time. That is life, unfortunately.

"Progressive" California has never had a black governor.

Not conclusive. Too many variables. Like qualifications, policy, etc.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:32 pm

to those that support elder, y'all just don't get it, do you? following the GOP party line by [among many other evils] making it much harder for his own people to vote by supporting the elimination of "souls to the polls," supporting the south in closing down polling places in POC neighborhoods, supporting the making of onerous ID requirements that would effectively block pofolk from voting, how is this NOT harmful to pofolk? lowering taxes further on the wealthy ALWAYS results in more taxation for everybody else in manifold forms, it is a myth that "trickle down" actually trickles down. you're telling me this ain't GOP platform which he is slavishly following? you expect me to buy a bridge you have for sale? do not pee on my leg and then tell me it is just the rain.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:54 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

I don't see any evidence he wishes to harm his own community. He is (rather) using his platform/background to attack the democrats (in this respect he reminds me of a Candace Owens type black republican), White GOP voters like high profile black republicans because the democrats have to walk on eggshells before engaging them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
to those that support elder, y'all just don't get it, do you? following the GOP party line by [among many other evils] making it much harder for his own people to vote by supporting the elimination of "souls to the polls," supporting the south in closing down polling places in POC neighborhoods, supporting the making of onerous ID requirements that would effectively block pofolk from voting, how is this NOT harmful to pofolk? lowering taxes further on the wealthy ALWAYS results in more taxation for everybody else in manifold forms, it is a myth that "trickle down" actually trickles down. you're telling me this ain't GOP platform which he is slavishly following? you expect me to buy a bridge you have for sale? do not pee on my leg and then tell me it is just the rain.

Elder is attempting to reduce black support for the democrats but concurrently reduce the power of black voters who he knows will still vote democrat.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:46 am

Gawd, so many mysterious post abductions.
It reminds me of the good old days. <mild sarcasm> :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 4:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Elder is attempting to reduce black support for the democrats but concurrently reduce the power of black voters who he knows will still vote democrat.

he IS SCREWING OVER his OWN PEOPLE.

Last edited by Cornflake on 19 Sep 2021, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a racial slur

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 9:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

he IS SCREWING OVER his OWN PEOPLE.

I know it, you know it and everyone else on this forum knows it. Let's pretend he's really an altruistic soul :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 9:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
he IS by definition an GD uncle tom and he IS SCREWING OVER his OWN PEOPLE.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 10:29 pm

I think I said it early in but it bears repeating: calling anyone an Uncle Tom is an inappropriate move.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 12:01 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think I said it early in but it bears repeating: calling anyone an Uncle Tom is an inappropriate move.

It seems we are going in circles to placate/appease a few on this thread.

The premise here is people in the black community are entitled to their opinion of Larry Elder
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

If it helps in de-escalating pontificating over semantics I am merely pointing to where black people refer to Mr Elder as an UT. Whether they are allowed to or not is not our business.