Column: Larry Elder is the Black face of white supremacy.

Page 17 of 41 [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 41  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 4:17 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
[...] Black people (or any other people) don't have to fit into a stereotypical box to be black.  This is more about control than anything.  Just like Uncle Joe saying if you don't vote for him "You ain't black!"
Agreed.

It is also fair to point out that (1) the election is over, (2) Newsom is still governor, and (3) whatever whiny complaints the opposition candidates may have had , they are irrelevant.

But the issues that led to the recall still exist. California is in a shambles and is getting worse.

I disagree. As, apparently, does most of the state. Using objective measures, we’re doing much better than most other states. Still, no state government can ever make all the people happy all the time. That is life, unfortunately.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 12:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
We can't decide that (and neither can others on this thread or pro-conservative trolls).

Who are these trolls you keep referring to? Are they in the room with us now?

Just to clarify before anybody "eagerly" rushes to the mods, I am referring to trolls on the internet not here on WP. After we are all upstanding members.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 12:23 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
We can't decide that (and neither can others on this thread or pro-conservative trolls).

Who are these trolls you keep referring to? Are they in the room with us now?

I'm a Troll because I ask uncomfortable questions.

Was generic....not WP members

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 12:31 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'd disagree with Mr X
Black people (or any other people) don't have to fit into a stereotypical box to be black. This is more about control than anything. Just like Uncle Joe saying if you don't vote for him "You aint black!".

Back in 1963 it was normal to stereotype all black people into one box. That's why there is still the "black" tick box on forms in the US.

If republicans really were for all Americans I suspect Kimberely Klacik (another black conservative) would have been elected in Maryland if more black voters seriously considered her message on inner city housing, yet she didn't attract any black voters.

Larry Elder is appealing to white voters like previous black republicans so its not extraordinary he sounds like a black version of Trump.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 12:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Larry Elder is appealing to white voters like previous black republicans so its not extraordinary he sounds like a black version of Trump.

The interesting thing there is that Trump did better with black men than any Republican since Nixon IIRC, so for whatever reason, the Trumpian message and/or style resonates better with that audience than the traditional Republican one does. The thing that so many people seem to have missed with the 2020 election is that Trump improved his numbers with just about every demographic except educated white people, showing some real cracks in the traditional Democratic coalition.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:38 am

Dox47 wrote:
the Trumpian message and/or style resonates better with that audience than the traditional Republican one does. The thing that so many people seem to have missed with the 2020 election is that Trump improved his numbers with just about every demographic except educated white people, showing some real cracks in the traditional Democratic coalition.

The numbers still mean only 10% voted for Trump. You would think if the republicans weren't peddling race based issues then wouldn't they have closer to 50%?

There are some decent black politicians who are republican, Condaleeza Rice is an outstanding example. I don't know much about COlin Powell. He seems ok. Ben Carson is an intelligent man,
Others like Clarence Thomas aren't my cup of tea.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:11 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The interesting thing there is that Trump did better with black men than any Republican since Nixon IIRC, so for whatever reason, the Trumpian message and/or style resonates better with that audience than the traditional Republican one does. The thing that so many people seem to have missed with the 2020 election is that Trump improved his numbers with just about every demographic except educated white people, showing some real cracks in the traditional Democratic coalition.

Democrats have far too long taken certain demographics for granted. Trump spoke to that frustration. Democrats do need to pay attention to who he drew in and why.

Kind of as far as I want to go on this point at this moment.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Sep 2021, 2:31 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Democrats have far too long taken certain demographics for granted. Trump spoke to that frustration. Democrats do need to pay attention to who he drew in and why.

European Left has the same problem, maybe even more of it. They seem to have quite forgotten their working-class-oriented roots.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 3:44 am

magz wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

European Left has the same problem, maybe even more of it. They seem to have quite forgotten their working-class-oriented roots.

The same has happened, here in Australia, with the Labor Party.
I think I see a trend. 8O

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'd disagree with Mr X
Black people (or any other people) don't have to fit into a stereotypical box to be black. This is more about control than anything. Just like Uncle Joe saying if you don't vote for him "You aint black!".

Back in 1963 it was normal to stereotype all black people into one box. That's why there is still the "black" tick box on forms in the US.

If republicans really were for all Americans I suspect Kimberely Klacik (another black conservative) would have been elected in Maryland if more black voters seriously considered her message on inner city housing, yet she didn't attract any black voters.

Maryland is a Blue state. Doesn't that make the Progressives in Maryland racists?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:12 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'd disagree with Mr X

Maryland is a Blue state. Doesn't that make the Progressives in Maryland racists?
Nope.  Racist beliefs and behavior makes people racists.  Merely living in a "Blue" state does not.  A "Red" state, however...

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'd disagree with Mr X

Nope.  Racist beliefs and behavior makes people racists.  Merely living in a "Blue" state does not.  A "Red" state, however...

By not voting for the black guy they are racists. I don't make the rules.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:41 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'd disagree with Mr X

That isn’t a rule.

She didn’t get votes because minorities don’t trust the Republican Party, not because of her race.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 3:28 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The fact that the man is black does not mandate voting for him -- there is no rule that says voting against a man who happens to be black makes a voter racist, either.  I voted against the recall in its entirety because the opposition consisted of a random collection of fools, freaks, and fascist-wannabes, not because of the colors of their skin.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:27 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'd disagree with Mr X

I did not know you were so woke! :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:44 pm

↑ Your sarcasm is noted.

:mrgreen: