Column: Larry Elder is the Black face of white supremacy.

Page 39 of 41 [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Not at all. But when it comes to voter fraud accusations, that is definitely something the right has wrongly accused the left of voter fraud, even in areas with large numbers of racial minorities, or in liberal leaning municipalities.

Seriously?
The progressives spent 4 years whinging about how Hillary's election was stolen.
You progressives have such a poor memory when it comes to "Inconvenient Truths". :mrgreen:

Well, let's see:
Democrats collect evidence the Trump campaign is in communication with the Russians in order to sway voters by means of troll farms infiltrating social media.

There's actually been an indictment regarding that...https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400109

Turns out the "communication" was a 3rd party email marketing server sending advertising for some Trump related business (among a large number of other clients), and was intentionally misrepresented by Ms Clinton's campaign (and a person hoping to get a high-ranking position in government should she have won, who provided the details).

If you weren't aware of this, it would seem there's a problem with the sources you use to keep up with the news...

There was in fact a wealth of information gleaned by the FBI investigation. The Republican dominated senate chose not to take it into consideration when they exonerated their orange messiah.

Trump did some dumb things that people attribute to his lack of understanding of the political system.
"New guy on the job" syndrome.

Not defending him.
Just saying it as it is. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:54 pm

he did far worse than "dumb things" to be real. he HURT america and hurt america's standing in the world. he hurt american citizens with his crappy policies and ineptitude.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Not at all. But when it comes to voter fraud accusations, that is definitely something the right has wrongly accused the left of voter fraud, even in areas with large numbers of racial minorities, or in liberal leaning municipalities.

Seriously?
The progressives spent 4 years whinging about how Hillary's election was stolen.
You progressives have such a poor memory when it comes to "Inconvenient Truths". :mrgreen:

Well, let's see:
Democrats collect evidence the Trump campaign is in communication with the Russians in order to sway voters by means of troll farms infiltrating social media.

There's actually been an indictment regarding that...https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400109

Turns out the "communication" was a 3rd party email marketing server sending advertising for some Trump related business (among a large number of other clients), and was intentionally misrepresented by Ms Clinton's campaign (and a person hoping to get a high-ranking position in government should she have won, who provided the details).

If you weren't aware of this, it would seem there's a problem with the sources you use to keep up with the news...

There was in fact a wealth of information gleaned by the FBI investigation. The Republican dominated senate chose not to take it into consideration when they exonerated their orange messiah.

Trump did some dumb things that people attribute to his lack of understanding of the political system.

Not defending him.

New guy on the job who has a bad rep when it comes to corruption and bunko steering. Not to mention his fetish with Putin, which his Rusia expert is now saying.
Trump was supposed to have surrounded himself with people who knew how government works, but they not only let him get away with it, they had abetted him.
People say we needed a businessman running the country, and God help us, that's exactly what we got.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:56 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Personally I think they did what they had to do for the good of the country in the heat of the election, but I also completely understand why you would strongly disagree.

Spoken like every political assassin in history, and I'm sure you'd have a different tune if this had gone the other way.

Partisanship:
Quote:
partisanship
/ˈpɑːtɪz(ə)nʃɪp/

noun: partisanship

prejudice in favour of a particular cause; bias.
"an act of blatant political partisanship"

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
he did far worse than "dumb things" to be real. he HURT america and hurt america's standing in the world. he hurt american citizens with his crappy policies and ineptitude.

He did all those things, but he also improved the economy, created a lot of jobs for POC, and was responsible for significantly increasing their wages, brought the rogue state China to heel through trade sanctions (which have apparently helped China's poor economic performance of late), cracked down on China's IP theft, encouraged manufacturing back to America, installed operation "Warp Speed", forced NATO to take more responsibility, eased tensions with North Korea, avoided a war with Iran.

Confirmation bias:
Quote:
Confirmation bias, also known as myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. Wikipedia

I'm not defending Trump.
"Just saying it as it is." 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:14 pm

his evil and inept flunkies delayed my pension for a GD YEAR!! he cut VA funding and as a result i hadda wait 6 GD MONTHS to get treatment for my arthritic hips! this isn't just me, multiply me by MILLIONS and you'll hopefully grok what i'm talking about. he came THIS GD CLOSE to screwing over more than 30 MILLION PPACA recipients by taking away their health care with NO REPLACEMENT. the man has blood on his hands regarding the jan. 6 attempted gov't takeover/TRE45ON against our gov't - and as a DIRECT RESULT, people died/were killed.

Last edited by auntblabby on 12 Oct 2021, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Seriously?

Well, let's see:

Not defending him.

New guy on the job who has a bad rep when it comes to corruption and bunko steering. Not to mention his fetish with Putin, which his Rusia expert is now saying.
Trump was supposed to have surrounded himself with people who knew how government works, but they not only let him get away with it, they had abetted him.
People say we needed a businessman running the country, and God help us, that's exactly what we got.

Trump was going to romp it in before he stuffed up the pandemic, so reliable people have said.
It looked like that to me, at the time.

Trump wanted to be a peace-maker, not a warmonger like so many other Presidents previous to him.
He embraced both Kim Jong-un and Pewtin :eew: to further that goal.
"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar", sort of thing.

<light sarcasm/irony>
Thankfully, the Democrats are pure goodness and never act corruptly. :mrgreen:

Quote:
Confirmation bias, also known as myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. Wikipedia

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
his evil and inept flunkies delayed my pension for a GD YEAR!! he cut VA funding and as a result i hadda wait 6 GD MONTHS to get treatment for my arthritic hips! this isn't just me, multiply me by MILLIONS and you'll hopefully grok what i'm talking about. he came THIS GD CLOSE to screwing over more than 30 MILLION PPACA recipients by taking away their health care with NO REPLACEMENT. the man has blood on his hands regarding the jan. 6 attempted gov't takeover/TRE45ON against our gov't - and as a DIRECT RESULT, people died/were killed.

Yes, you have a valid grudge against the Republican party. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:17 pm

^^^thank you for the validation. imagine if over 30 million canadians or australians were robbed of their health coverage. :idea:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^thank you for the validation. imagine if over 30 million canadians or australians were robbed of their health coverage. :idea:

Are the Democrats improving the situation?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:43 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

blocked in the face of 1] united GOP fascist opposition, and 2]DINO proto-fascists among their own ranks.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Biden extended open enrollment so that more people could get coverage through the ACA. There was also funding in his relief act to expand enrollment.

Trump reduced coverage by trying to starve the program; Biden has started feeding it again.

I am not aware that distribution of that funding has been blocked.

Outside of Trump/Congress dropping the financial penalty for not having health coverage, no significant changes to the law itself have been made since it was enacted. Anything else in that direction tends to be huffing and puffing.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 12 Oct 2021, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Seriously?

Well, let's see:

Not defending him.

Trump was going to romp it in before he stuffed up the pandemic, so reliable people have said.

Trump wanted to be a peace-maker, not a warmonger like so many other Presidents previous to him.

<light sarcasm/irony>

Quote:

Trump was looking for an excuse to attack Iran, while China feared he'd start a war with them to gain points with the American electorate.
Trump embraced totalitarians like Putin and Kim, because he has nocturnal emissions for the strongmen who wanted to be one of.
As for the good Trump economy; he inherited that from Obama.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Personally I think they did what they had to do for the good of the country in the heat of the election, but I also completely understand why you would strongly disagree.

Spoken like every political assassin in history, and I'm sure you'd have a different tune if this had gone the other way.

Partisanship:
Quote:
partisanship
/ˈpɑːtɪz(ə)nʃɪp/

noun: partisanship

prejudice in favour of a particular cause; bias.
"an act of blatant political partisanship"

Unnecessary and insanely annoying.

Do you understand the meaning of "personally"? I expressed a FEELING, not a fact, and not an argument that I thought ANYONE ELSE needed to agree with. That's about as far from shoving anything down anyone's throat as possible. Am I not allowed to occasionally have a FEELING that I've already said I don't expect others to necessarily agree with? Read the way I worded that. Then read it again. I wasn't advocating for anything.

You don't need to chime in with taunts of "partisanship;" FEELINGS don't have to meet any standard of any sort at all. Don't you know the line, "all feelings all valid?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 8:28 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Biden extended open enrollment so that more people could get coverage through the ACA. There was also funding in his relief act to expand enrollment.

Trump reduced coverage by trying to starve the program; Biden has started feeding it again.

I am not aware that distribution of that funding has been blocked.

Outside of Trump/Congress dropping the financial penalty for not having health coverage, no significant changes to the law itself have been made since it was enacted. Anything else in that direction tends to be huffing and puffing.

turncoats manchin and sinema are both siding the the GOP and blocking medicaid expansion [part of the PPACA] among other things.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 8:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Seriously?

Well, let's see:

Not defending him.

<light sarcasm/irony>

Quote:

Trump was looking for an excuse to attack Iran, while China feared he'd start a war with them to gain points with the American electorate.
Trump embraced totalitarians like Putin and Kim, because he has nocturnal emissions for the strongmen who wanted to be one of.
As for the good Trump economy; he inherited that from Obama.

Trump *all* bad.
Got it. :thumright:

We will have to agree to disagree, my friend. 8)