Column: Larry Elder is the Black face of white supremacy.

Page 40 of 41 [ 647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 8:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^thank you for the validation. imagine if over 30 million canadians or australians were robbed of their health coverage. :idea:

Are the Democrats improving the situation?

blocked in the face of 1] united GOP fascist opposition, and 2]DINO proto-fascists among their own ranks.

My understanding is that some Democrats are asking too much, even by some in their own ranks.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 8:51 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I'm afraid you have moved the goal posts so far even I can't remember the original question.

If you want to claim I moved the goalposts, why don't you tell me what they were before I moved them? Or is this more buzzword bingo, a term you don't actually know the meaning of, but see other people using so you just throw it in?

So even you can't remember what you asked :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 9:05 pm

almost nobody is all bad, they are rather like a stopped clock which is technically "right" or "good" twice per day. IOW the times he wasn't bad were strictly accidental.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 10:23 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Not at all. But when it comes to voter fraud accusations, that is definitely something the right has wrongly accused the left of voter fraud, even in areas with large numbers of racial minorities, or in liberal leaning municipalities.

Seriously?
The progressives spent 4 years whinging about how Hillary's election was stolen.
You progressives have such a poor memory when it comes to "Inconvenient Truths". :mrgreen:

Well, let's see:
Democrats collect evidence the Trump campaign is in communication with the Russians in order to sway voters by means of troll farms infiltrating social media.

There's actually been an indictment regarding that...https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400109

Turns out the "communication" was a 3rd party email marketing server sending advertising for some Trump related business (among a large number of other clients), and was intentionally misrepresented by Ms Clinton's campaign (and a person hoping to get a high-ranking position in government should she have won, who provided the details).

If you weren't aware of this, it would seem there's a problem with the sources you use to keep up with the news...

There was in fact a wealth of information gleaned by the FBI investigation. The Republican dominated senate chose not to take it into consideration when they exonerated their orange messiah.

Trump did some dumb things that people attribute to his lack of understanding of the political system.
"New guy on the job" syndrome.

Not defending him.
Just saying it as it is. 8)

New guy on the job who has a bad rep when it comes to corruption and bunko steering. Not to mention his fetish with Putin, which his Rusia expert is now saying.
Trump was supposed to have surrounded himself with people who knew how government works, but they not only let him get away with it, they had abetted him.
People say we needed a businessman running the country, and God help us, that's exactly what we got.

Trump was going to romp it in before he stuffed up the pandemic, so reliable people have said.
It looked like that to me, at the time.

Trump wanted to be a peace-maker, not a warmonger like so many other Presidents previous to him.
He embraced both Kim Jong-un and Pewtin :eew: to further that goal.
"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar", sort of thing.

<light sarcasm/irony>
Thankfully, the Democrats are pure goodness and never act corruptly. :mrgreen:

Quote:
Confirmation bias, also known as myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. Wikipedia

Trump was looking for an excuse to attack Iran, while China feared he'd start a war with them to gain points with the American electorate.
Trump embraced totalitarians like Putin and Kim, because he has nocturnal emissions for the strongmen who wanted to be one of.
As for the good Trump economy; he inherited that from Obama.

Trump *all* bad.
Got it. :thumright:

We will have to agree to disagree, my friend. 8)

As you wish.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 10:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
almost nobody is all bad, they are rather like a stopped clock which is technically "right" or "good" twice per day. IOW the times he wasn't bad were strictly accidental.

That's how director Sam Peckinpah made his characters in his movies: no one is entirely good, or entirely bad.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 10:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I know exactly what I asked, but you're unable to answer, as you always are, because you consistently never actually know what you're talking about, then pretend not to understand the question when called out on it. I'm sick of the lying, it really speaks to poor moral character as opposed to mere ignorance, which is much more forgivable.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 11:54 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I know exactly what I asked, but you're unable to answer, as you always are, because you consistently never actually know what you're talking about, then pretend not to understand the question when called out on it. I'm sick of the lying, it really speaks to poor moral character as opposed to mere ignorance, which is much more forgivable.

If you are going to accuse people of lying you need to make your case :roll:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:07 am

Hmm, wonder who is going to man up (or cave, depending on perspective) first?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
If you are going to accuse people of lying you need to make your case :roll:

Well, your posting history is rich with examples, but just to stick to this thread, are you claiming to be so stupid as to not understand the simple question I asked you several posts back, or are you merely pretending to be stupid so as to avoid answering it, i.e. lying? It's right there, you can scroll back and look, so this theatrical "what are you talking about?" doesn't really work.

Here's the link and the quote:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=399453&start=576#p8879508

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
People are free to think for themselves. But if your sole platform is "minorities ask for too much" and "the problem with America is minorities" then that should set off warning bells.

Whose platform is that? Be specific, provide an example, just one will do.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:17 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

I think you know full well I never make an accusation I can't back up, it's merely a matter of how much effort I want to put into arguing with someone who won't ever acknowledge not knowing what they don't know. And seems completely bereft of any shame in making false claims in public, something I thought you cared about.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:21 am

lack of effort = weak or non-existent argument

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
lack of effort = weak or non-existent argument

I don't see an answer to my question, which is an answer in and of itself. Do you really want me to put effort into you? I don't think you'd like the results.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:28 am

Well being called a liar is a fairly strong accusation.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 2:08 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I think you know full well I never make an accusation I can't back up, it's merely a matter of how much effort I want to put into arguing with someone who won't ever acknowledge not knowing what they don't know. And seems completely bereft of any shame in making false claims in public, something I thought you cared about.

I'd probably repeat my question, seems like less typing, but that's just me.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 2:31 am

It is that time of year I get really punchy, so if my "light" comments are falling more like weird punches, sorry.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 4:11 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Personally I think they did what they had to do for the good of the country in the heat of the election, but I also completely understand why you would strongly disagree.

Spoken like every political assassin in history, and I'm sure you'd have a different tune if this had gone the other way.

Partisanship:
Quote:
partisanship
/ˈpɑːtɪz(ə)nʃɪp/

noun: partisanship

prejudice in favour of a particular cause; bias.
"an act of blatant political partisanship"

Unnecessary and insanely annoying.

Do you understand the meaning of "personally"? I expressed a FEELING, not a fact, and not an argument that I thought ANYONE ELSE needed to agree with. That's about as far from shoving anything down anyone's throat as possible. Am I not allowed to occasionally have a FEELING that I've already said I don't expect others to necessarily agree with? Read the way I worded that. Then read it again. I wasn't advocating for anything.

You don't need to chime in with taunts of "partisanship;" FEELINGS don't have to meet any standard of any sort at all.

Being partisan isn't about advocating\pushing your views on another (as you appear to be attempting to imply), but is about "my side, right or wrong", or a belief that (regarding their side's actions) "the ends justify the means"...

In this case it was demonstrated throught the FEELING that having tech, media, and entertaniment industries all putting their thumb on the scales in favour of one particular side was OK because you FEEL it was "what they had to do for the good of the country", in the full knowledge that those who were not on the same side would not see it that way (and that you would likely have been offended had they acted to favor the other side, despite the partisans on that side who would have felt that it was "what they had to do for the good of the country").

Only a true partisan would think (or FEEL) that having the gatekeepers of people's main sources of access to information (which would be needed by the public to make an informed decision) tilting the scales to favor a given side was a good thing, regardless of the "reason"/justification given. Someone who was not partisan (yet favoured that side) would have simply said "I understand why they acted as they did (and am thankful for this), but the actions were still wrong", not seek to justify the acts as being "for the good of the country" and so feel them justified\acceptable.

Quote:
"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell