Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 7:40 pm

I didnt know that there was a color that could be...officially declared to be...the world's "ugliest".

But apparently there is. And it's saving lives by reducing smoking.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 7:55 pm

Fun concept. Thanks for sharing.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 8:15 pm

Now I know what colour I want to paint my next car. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Deep Heat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2021, 6:51 am

Interesting video. The guy looks like the comedian Sean Lock who recently passed away from cancer.

What ever you do don't mention the colour black to this guy. Not sure if anyone's familiar with The Fast Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIW9sL-Yf6Q

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 9:29 am

Call it by it’s real name, turd brown.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2021, 9:30 am

For anyone who doesn't want to sit thru the long video, it's Pantone 448C.

It's a lot of talk just to get that one simple piece of info. (Yeah, I totally don't get the videos! instead of text thing.)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 10:28 am

Misslizard wrote:
Call it by it’s real name, turd brown.

Exactly.

He never even mentions the obvious! That obvious thing that the color might remind folks of (consciously, or unconsciously), nor the fact that that might well be...why humans evolved this supposed dislike of the color...out of the animal instinct to avoid our own solid waste. :lol:

Interesting aside- it is also is very similar to that color you get when you mix ALL colors of paint together. That muddy brown with a hint of green.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 10:31 am

Blue_Star wrote:

It's a lot of talk just to get that one simple piece of info. (Yeah, I totally don't get the videos! instead of text thing.)

Its only five minutes long. And its good background info, and not filler. If you cant sit through THAT you wouldnt be able to handle reading text either. :lol:

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2021, 11:03 am

Reading the same in text wouldn't have the pauses, side-tracks, & random stuff. 5 mins of fluff is not needed.

I really can't stand videos, & I know I'm not the only one here. I read quite a lot, actually. Even modern video documentaries are frequently too repetitive.

naturalplastic wrote:
Blue_Star wrote:

Its only five minutes long. And its good background info, and not filler. If you cant sit through THAT you wouldnt be able to handle reading text either. :lol: