Would anybody like a tarot reading?

Page 10 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2021, 7:08 am

^Have things in the USA really come to this point? I read news items galore using abundant sources and am fully aware of how things have been going there, but sometimes the media tend to exaggerate things. Hearing it from regular citizens, such as a friend from Georgia, has made me realize that all this intolerance and hate is for real. I can't believe how politicized the whole mask and vaccine issue has become there. The US used to be a bastion for religious and political freedom. On the other hand, maybe that was just for wealthy people of a certain skin colour.

Has the American Dream faded, or was it never real in the first place?

(sorry for deviating from the thread title, OP - I won't make a habit of it!!)

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:19 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^Have things in the USA really come to this point? I read news items galore using abundant sources and am fully aware of how things have been going there, but sometimes the media tend to exaggerate things. Hearing it from regular citizens, such as a friend from Georgia, has made me realize that all this intolerance and hate is for real. I can't believe how politicized the whole mask and vaccine issue has become there. The US used to be a bastion for religious and political freedom. On the other hand, maybe that was just for wealthy people of a certain skin colour.

It's ok buddy :)

And Flown I just want you to know I'm really sorry to hear about what you are going through. I kind of understand how you feel because things seem to be getting crazy everywhere and even my mom has talked about wanting to move in a couple of years. :(

I will try and do you another reading tonight. But I want you to realize when it comes to tarot what the cards say is ever set in stone, plus I'm only an amateur reader who is learning as I go and not a professional psychic...

Anyways I really hope things work out for you. :heart:

♤ The Military

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:06 am

King0fSpades wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

It's ok buddy :)

And Flown I just want you to know I'm really sorry to hear about what you are going through. I kind of understand how you feel because things seem to be getting crazy everywhere and even my mom has talked about wanting to move in a couple of years. :(

I will try and do you another reading tonight. But I want you to realize when it comes to tarot what the cards say is ever set in stone, plus I'm only an amateur reader who is learning as I go and not a professional psychic...

Anyways I really hope things work out for you. :heart:

Thanks!

And I get it. I actually used to read tarot cards on a regular basis, but I haven't done so in years. I'm curious to see what you see!

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 11:18 am

King0fSpades wrote:
A different reading I did for myself based on a family situation going on. My brother and his wife are splitting up. :|

This is a cool spread I learned for consulting the powers of The Empress and The Emperor.

:queen: :king:

I used my Golden Girls deck because Dorothy is represented by The Empress (feminine energy) and her ex husband Stan is represented by The Emperor (masculine energy). So it feels very fitting for my brother and his wife.

Here is what The Empress and The Emperor tell me about them splitting up.

The Tower: This card represents their marriage falling apart and collapsing due to fighting and other problems.

Death: If their marriage ends in divorce (I have a gut feeling it will...) it will be time for both of them to start over with a clean slate.

The Suh: This is the problem in their relationship. The Sun is a card of pure joy and fun. My sister in law prefers to spend money and party or go places to have fun, while my brother wants to save money up towards his future and buy a piece of land to build property on someday. At least this is what my mom told me...

9 of Wands: This is what would help them. Admitting the problems in their marriage. Maybe seek marriage counseling...

What The Empress has to say: Page of Pentacles (I'm 100% positive this card represents their 3 year old daughter). The mother wants to focus on what is best for their child.

What The Emperor has to say: The Ace of Wands. He wants to focus on building the life he wants with hard work and earning more money.

The Final Outcome of their splitting up: 8 of Cups. Somebody is walking away from this marriage for good leaving a lot of baggage behind...

I think I see a definite divorce in their future. It saddens me. :(

This reading came true. My brother and his wife arent just splitting up, they are actually getting a divorce. :(

♤ The Military

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:50 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
A different reading I did for myself based on a family situation going on. My brother and his wife are splitting up. :|

This is a cool spread I learned for consulting the powers of The Empress and The Emperor.

:queen: :king:

I used my Golden Girls deck because Dorothy is represented by The Empress (feminine energy) and her ex husband Stan is represented by The Emperor (masculine energy). So it feels very fitting for my brother and his wife.

Here is what The Empress and The Emperor tell me about them splitting up.

The Tower: This card represents their marriage falling apart and collapsing due to fighting and other problems.

Death: If their marriage ends in divorce (I have a gut feeling it will...) it will be time for both of them to start over with a clean slate.

The Suh: This is the problem in their relationship. The Sun is a card of pure joy and fun. My sister in law prefers to spend money and party or go places to have fun, while my brother wants to save money up towards his future and buy a piece of land to build property on someday. At least this is what my mom told me...

9 of Wands: This is what would help them. Admitting the problems in their marriage. Maybe seek marriage counseling...

What The Empress has to say: Page of Pentacles (I'm 100% positive this card represents their 3 year old daughter). The mother wants to focus on what is best for their child.

What The Emperor has to say: The Ace of Wands. He wants to focus on building the life he wants with hard work and earning more money.

The Final Outcome of their splitting up: 8 of Cups. Somebody is walking away from this marriage for good leaving a lot of baggage behind...

I think I see a definite divorce in their future. It saddens me. :(

This reading came true. My brother and his wife arent just splitting up, they are actually getting a divorce. :(

Awww so sad. :( I hope they both find happiness.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 9:07 pm

Here you go Flown! Sorry it took so long. :heart:

For your focus card I chose the Death Card. Because it symbolizes a great change in one's life (often an unwanted change).

For your past I see The Moon which I believe to be hidden dangers and traps. And The Tower, something recently happened that is throwing your life a feeling of despair. Like you had the ground fall beneath your feet.

In your future I see The High Priestess and The Emperor in reverse. The High Priestess means your psyche while The Emperor in reverse is about losing control (upright he is about maintaining control). So it might be that you are feeling a lot of mental pressure and are fearful of snapping? There are also buried secrets you might not feel comfortable talking about right now and that's OK.

Where you stand is The Hierophant. I think this card is telling you to see out counseling if you really need it.

And your alternative path is The Fool in reverse. This card warns of ignorance and possible danger if one is not being careful of the path they are taking in life.

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 2:25 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^Have things in the USA really come to this point? I read news items galore using abundant sources and am fully aware of how things have been going there, but sometimes the media tend to exaggerate things. Hearing it from regular citizens, such as a friend from Georgia, has made me realize that all this intolerance and hate is for real. I can't believe how politicized the whole mask and vaccine issue has become there. The US used to be a bastion for religious and political freedom. On the other hand, maybe that was just for wealthy people of a certain skin colour. Has the American Dream faded, or was it never real in the first place? (sorry for deviating from the thread title, OP - I won't make a habit of it!!)

As George Carlin famously said, “It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it.” It is generally accepted that for decades now, the economy has been bifurcating, the split widening between those with less and more money.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:21 am

Thank you for taking the time for this :)

I definitely feel like the ground has fallen beneath my feet lately. The "hidden dangers and traps in the past" part really resonates!

As for secrets, there are some. I'm having to "stretch" the truth with some of my family about us selling our place and moving. My mother is not mentally/physically well, and I don't want to make her too upset. I've told her we are going to be traveling in a camper for a while (which is technically true), and that we will have the ability to come back and visit if anyone needs us. My relationship with her is not necessarily a healthy one, but I do not want her to suffer. Side note: I haven't seen her since pre-pandemic (she lives 2 hours away), but she still wants me nearby and has control issues when it comes to me.

In terms of "seeking counseling", I'm interpreting this as both seeking advice from my therapist and practicing self care? I've been setting alarms on my phone for meditation and rest, as I feel I'm going to fall apart mentally and physically if I don't take better care of myself (I have health issues that are affected by my stress levels).

Quote:
And your alternative path is The Fool in reverse. This card warns of ignorance and possible danger if one is not being careful of the path they are taking in life.

This is the part I'm worried about. I'm terrified of one misstep leading to us being homeless. However, there are so many things we do not have much control over when it comes to this move. I hate not being able to plan every detail ahead of time. :cry:

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 7:10 am

Flown wrote:
Thank you for taking the time for this :)

I definitely feel like the ground has fallen beneath my feet lately. The "hidden dangers and traps in the past" part really resonates!

As for secrets, there are some. I'm having to "stretch" the truth with some of my family about us selling our place and moving. My mother is not mentally/physically well, and I don't want to make her too upset. I've told her we are going to be traveling in a camper for a while (which is technically true), and that we will have the ability to come back and visit if anyone needs us. My relationship with her is not necessarily a healthy one, but I do not want her to suffer. Side note: I haven't seen her since pre-pandemic (she lives 2 hours away), but she still wants me nearby and has control issues when it comes to me.

In terms of "seeking counseling", I'm interpreting this as both seeking advice from my therapist and practicing self care? I've been setting alarms on my phone for meditation and rest, as I feel I'm going to fall apart mentally and physically if I don't take better care of myself (I have health issues that are affected by my stress levels).

Quote:

This is the part I'm worried about. I'm terrified of one misstep leading to us being homeless. However, there are so many things we do not have much control over when it comes to this move. I hate not being able to plan every detail ahead of time. :cry:

It sounds like my cards were right about your situation.

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress this is causing you. :( I hope things work out for you guys. I really do. :heart:

♤ The Military

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 8:33 am

King0fSpades wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress this is causing you. :( I hope things work out for you guys. I really do. :heart:

Things just got A LOT more stressful. We just got a cash bid for our asking price, and our closing date will be Sept. 30th. We are asking for a 2 week period to vacate. I'm officially freaking out.

We are actively seeking out a motorhome to live in until we can find a house, so wish us luck!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Sep 2021, 9:04 am

Actually that sounds like a great idea! But still a stressful time.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:00 am

I'd like a reading, if you've got some time. Here are a few things about me, and my current concerns...

I'm autistic (not aspie), I've been independent and self-supporting until recently (I'm in my 50's), when depression and executive dysfunction wrecked my livelihood, and I'm now out of money after nine months or so of no income. I'm still trying to figure out what parts of my brain still function. I'm having some success resolving the depression, getting some sleep, exercising. Dysfunction still keeps me from initiating tasks that desperately need to be done. I am interested in my hobbies for the first time in years.

I'm curious if I'll be able to remain independent and support myself again, and I'm curious if my songwriting will have any success, and by that I mean if I'll complete songs that I'm happy with, where "happy with" means I've achieved a high state of competence but not necessarily commercial success. I've actually been tinkering with songwriting off and on (mostly off) for thirty years, but have never completed anything! I'm trying a new approach and putting more effort into learning the craft.

THanks!

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:57 am

I shall do you one too when I have time. :)

♤ The Military