Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 7:41 am

Did anyone end up in getting involved in unusual mischief or happenings while in school? No doubt many of you have heard my stories about marble season and the stickers which plagued our school?
I am wondering if others have had or done similar things?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 12:44 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Did anyone end up in getting involved in unusual mischief or happenings while in school? No doubt many of you have heard my stories about marble season and the stickers which plagued our school?
I am wondering if others have had or done similar things?

one story i have is that is that a younger student asked me to get some cigarette wrapping paper for him but I refused.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 12:47 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Did anyone end up in getting involved in unusual mischief or happenings while in school? No doubt many of you have heard my stories about marble season and the stickers which plagued our school? I am wondering if others have had or done similar things?
On the advice of counsel, I invoke my First Amendment privilege of free speech and my Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination and respectfully decline to answer your question.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 3:31 pm

I once went to the apartment of a fellow student when I was in 8th grade----turns out he wanted to "experiment" on me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 3:46 pm

When I was in special ed. and transitioning back into mainstream classes this NT girl would walk me back to my special ed. classroom. We usually goofed off and did other things on the way, like going to other areas of the school. We somehow never got caught, which amazes me due to the circumstances, but I'm glad because she would have probably gotten into trouble for encouraging me to do that. She treated me like a normal kid though which was nice.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm

In the 4th/5th grade me and my friend also got this younger kid that would follow us around to start cussing and saying some slurs because we thought it was funny (we were kids, okay lol). The next year he still kept coming up to us and saying the same stuff so we realized we messed up, and tried to avoid him hoping he'd stop doing it to get our attention. That ones really bad, but it still makes me laugh because of how dumb it was.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm

I once wore American football shoulder pads to school when I was in 8th grade.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2021, 10:10 pm

I was frequently in trouble, had multiple suspensions and in school suspensions.
I was rude, talked back, defiant, didn’t study, wanted to do my own thing (read and skateboard), had poor interpersonal skills and was socially inappropriate and isolated. This wasn’t because of a lack of smarts… I in fact went on to repeat my final year of school and topped the final exams.

School just never fit me. But I aced university and thrived with no friends really and a stoic intellect :lol:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:49 pm

I have found it amusing before when people have previously assumed that I attended some fancy school and that I was well-behaved during those years. :lol:

When in reality, I went to an average state school and I had a bit of an attitude. I used to argue with my teachers, talk back, slack off during PE and curse out our instructors. Sometimes I had a reason for doing so, such as when I was incorrectly blamed for making a mistake when it was actually an administrator issue and I snapped due to being talked down to in a patronising tone. The teacher often talked down to me and I was sick of her nonsense. I had tried to explain and correct the situation calmly three times before, but she kept interrupting me. So I collected evidence and dumped it in front of her and then proceeded to go into an angry rant in front of the class. After I had finished ranting, she apologised and said I was right. Other students called me cocky after that, but I don't regret it.

There was another time I talked back to a teacher. I had to leave the art room early because someone had thrown paint in my face and I went to wash it off. This girl had a history of bullying me, so it wasn't that surprising. Anyway, I walked back into the art room and our art teacher told me off for being late. I told her that I hadn't been late, and that she would've known this if she'd been here earlier. Granted I wasn't actually annoyed at her, and more so the bad day I was having.

People didn't always know what to think of me, since I was the quiet kid going through an awkward stage, but I was also the kid who angrily ranted to a teacher everyone was afraid of and had a habit of publicly insulting PE teachers. :P