Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 7:10 pm

Hehe. A bit of a strange argument. I can't say I'm against cannibalism because humans don't want to die and do not consent to be eaten. Much like the people in this video the idea that consent was given by these humans to be eaten does not suddenly make it ok for me. The leap from that to "why not, it's just the same as eating pigs" is a bit of a stretch.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 3:47 am

Well...if they offered a side dish of fava beans, and little chianti I might be open to trying the "other white meat". :lol:

But seriously...if you wanna follow the new diet fad set by Jeffry Daumier and Hannibal Lector you just might end up with ...what amounts to...the human equivalent of "mad cow disease".

So it aint just the yuck factor. There ARE practical concerns.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 8:52 am

Mikah wrote:
Hehe. A bit of a strange argument. I can't say I'm against cannibalism because humans don't want to die and do not consent to be eaten. Much like the people in this video the idea that consent was given by these humans to be eaten does not suddenly make it ok for me. The leap from that to "why not, it's just the same as eating pigs" is a bit of a stretch.
So then human meat is neither kosher nor halal.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 12:15 pm

I've often pondered the question: If I were part of the Donner Party, would I consume the flesh of my dead companions to survive? There's no way to answer that, really, since no one could possibly know until they're in that situation.

The instinct for survival is pretty strong. I think I would tell my companions, "If I die, chow down! Survive! I'll be dead, I don't care. Have at me! Put me on a spit, have a nice party, sing songs, dance around...I'm good with that."

Oscar Meyer Lansky

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:45 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I've often pondered the question: If I were part of the Donner Party, would I consume the flesh of my dead companions to survive? There's no way to answer that, really, since no one could possibly know until they're in that situation.

The instinct for survival is pretty strong. I think I would tell my companions, "If I die, chow down! Survive! I'll be dead, I don't care. Have at me! Put me on a spit, have a nice party, sing songs, dance around...I'm good with that."

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:26 pm

Nothing unlike what you find at McDonald's ...