Jesse Jackson hospitalized with breakthrough COVID-19

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 2:45 am

Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., wife 'responding positively to treatment' while hospitalized with COVID

Quote:
The Reverend Jesse Jackson Sr. and his wife Jaqueline are both in the hospital, battling COVID-19 after recently testing positive, according to the family.

According to a statement authorized by their son Jonathan Jackson on Saturday, the couple is currently at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Jonathan shared an update on his parent's condition Sunday with ABC7.

"She had been real lethargic with flu-like symptoms [and] went to the hospital Friday," he said. "Then it was diagnosed that she and my dad both had contracted COVID."

According to the family, the couple is now resting comfortably and responding positively to treatment.

"She is having some oxygen, but is able to function and breathe on her own without a respirator," Jonathan said. "Nothing severe. Because of her age and her current health, it is more challenging."

The Reverend was fully vaccinated back in January after receiving both doses of the Pfizer vaccine at Roseland Community Hospital. However, the family said his wife was not vaccinated.

Jackson Sr. was also diagnosed with Parkinson's back in 2017.

"These 5-7 days are the most critical," Jonathan said.

On Sunday, a virtual prayer circle was held with church leaders from across Chicago.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman