Study- AS and NTs differences: viewing audio/visual content.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm

WP Discussion thread: 'Study - Differences On How NT And AS Minds/Eyes View Films.'
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=399239&p=8841067#p8841067

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:39 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
WP Discussion thread: 'Study - Differences On How NT And AS Minds/Eyes View Films.'
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=399239&p=8841067#p8841067

ADDENDUM: Excellent responses in LINK to WP Discussion thread, 'Study - Differences On How NT And AS Minds/Eyes View Films.'

Please post further feedback this discussion thread.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:55 pm

Several years ago, I had viewed the film 'Who Afraid of Virginia Woolf' in order to compare my experiences with the University study.

At the time of my viewing of 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf', I was personally experiencing two other situations involving enhanced sensitivities, anxieties, etc. etc. likely related to the Autism Spectrum:

* First of all, there was an elusive mouse in my house at the time (which we eventually found-out had escaped through the same hole in the wall in which it had entered my living space - I promptly plugged-up the hole in the wall with metal-plating covered with a floor molding strip). Fears, and startle-responses from rodents are common for both for NTs and AS.

* Second of all, we were experiencing rare (for our region) off-and-on thunderstorm conditions over several hours that night - hence, it was nerve racking to be startled by flashes of lightning, and rumbles of thunder esp. at night. During nighttime storms, it's a concern that electric power might be knocked-out - extra nerve-racking. Fortunatly the electricity remained uninterrupted.

* In short, three (or even four) challenging situations (including the focus on the movie 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf') might just illustrate, and further boost understanding of the Autism Spectrum - even for High Functioning Autism (HFA).

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 4:53 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Several years ago, I had viewed the film 'Who Afraid of Virginia Woolf' in order to compare my experiences with the University study.

At the time of my viewing of 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf', I was personally experiencing two other situations involving enhanced sensitivities, anxieties, etc. etc. likely related to the Autism Spectrum:

* First of all, there was an elusive mouse in my house at the time (which we eventually found-out had escaped through the same hole in the wall in which it had entered my living space - I promptly plugged-up the hole in the wall with metal-plating covered with a floor molding strip). Fears, and startle-responses from rodents are common for both for NTs and AS.

* Second of all, we were experiencing rare (for our region) off-and-on thunderstorm conditions over several hours that night - hence, it was nerve racking to be startled by flashes of lightning, and rumbles of thunder esp. at night. During nighttime storms, it's a concern that electric power might be knocked-out - extra nerve-racking. Fortunatly the electricity remained uninterrupted.

* In short, three (or even four) challenging situations (including the focus on the movie 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf') might just illustrate, and further boost understanding of the Autism Spectrum - even for High Functioning Autism (HFA).

ADDENDUM: A notable (rather novel) addition regarding this discussion thread - I had a sleep dream the other night based on this discussion-thread:

I was observing two copies of this discussion thread - one example of the disc. thread that included my viewpoints and (felt) perspectives, and another example that included.....the founder of WP, and their viewpoints and (felt) perspectives. The dream felt that our thoughts, viewpoints, and perspectives were mirroring each other -- WHOA!