Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Some where in the U.S. of A. (Still kind of shy, but not that religious anymore. I'm 32. Not yet 33.)

24 Aug 2021, 11:43 am

Hi, there guys! So I haven't been on in like FOREVER! And just realized I joined this forum nearly 10 years ago when my Autism was SUPER bad. So bad that I couldn't even function, but let me tell you I'm A LOT better now. I can at least talk more, like the simple things anyway, greet people and tell people what I want better than before. I used to only be able to nod or do motions. It's still hard to make friends though, but I am at least in a relationship now. So that's good. Other than that though I'm really not that social except for when I'm online like this and with Covid that only makes things worse. I'm not good at approaching people or much of a good conversationalist either though, still. So it can get hard even nowadays for me. Anyway I guess you could still say I was shy, like in my username cause I still sort of am, but I wouldn't exactly say that I'm a Christian now as my username says and I guess you can never change your username, right? Maybe I should just delete my whole account and make another one then? But, I've had this account for so long and it would be sad to just leave it. What should I do? :roll:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 11:50 am

Welcome back!

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Some where in the U.S. of A. (Still kind of shy, but not that religious anymore. I'm 32. Not yet 33.)

24 Aug 2021, 11:51 am

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome back!

Thank you!

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 1:12 pm

Welcome Back. I am sure there are tons of new faces that you are not familiar with. I just joined a few months ago, and I haven't been diagnosed yet, but that seems to be something happening pretty frequently nowadays.

Anyway, as for your screen name, I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with people assuming you are Christian. If you would rather people not do that, you may need to remake an account. You could see if you can contact an admin and request a name change (if that is even possible). Otherwise, do what is comfortable for you!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:20 pm

Welcome back.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 3:31 pm

Something Profound wrote:
Welcome Back. I am sure there are tons of new faces that you are not familiar with. I just joined a few months ago, and I haven't been diagnosed yet, but that seems to be something happening pretty frequently nowadays.

Anyway, as for your screen name, I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with people assuming you are Christian. If you would rather people not do that, you may need to remake an account. You could see if you can contact an admin and request a name change (if that is even possible). Otherwise, do what is comfortable for you!

Thank you.

I think I'll try and contact someone. If I can't change the name then I think I may just keep it like that.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 3:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Welcome back.

Thank you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:32 pm

ShyChristianGirl wrote:

Thank you.

I think I'll try and contact someone. If I can't change the name then I think I may just keep it like that.

You could just add a note in the location box on your profile too.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:34 pm

So glad you are back and that you are doing better! :heart:

Don't worry about the name. It's all good. :D

Wreck It Ralph

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:36 pm

YAY!! :D

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 3:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ShyChristianGirl wrote:

Thank you.

You could just add a note in the location box on your profile too.

Oh right, true, I thought about that.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 3:47 pm

skibum wrote:
So glad you are back and that you are doing better! :heart:

Don't worry about the name. It's all good. :D

Went through A LOT just to get here where I'm at too, within the past couple of years, but yep! :)

Yeah? :|
It's just I don't wanna make it like I'm lying or anything if people end up thinking I'm something or not, but okay.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 3:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
YAY!! :D

YES!! :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:49 pm

If you believe Christ is divine, then you're a Christian. That's the simple fact.

What I'm saying: even if you're not religious, and don't go to church or whatever, you're not "lying" if you say you're a Christian.

I'm not a Christian simply because I believe Christ is a great historical figure---but I don't believe he's divine.

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you believe Christ is divine, then you're a Christian. That's the simple fact.

Yeah..? I'm kind of confused religiously actually. I kind of believe and then I don't. So I really don't even know what I want my username to say.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:55 pm

I guess you could just not post under your old user name, begin a new account under another name, but put down in the comments that you used to be "ShyChristianGirl."