Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Some where in the U.S. of A. (Still kind of shy, but not that religious anymore. I'm 32. Not yet 33.)

24 Aug 2021, 3:39 pm

I was just curious if anyone knows if I can change my username. I mean I'm still kind of shy, but I don't want to label myself a Christian anymore. I know it says you can't change it when you go to edit your profile, but can like a moderator or someone like that change it for you and where can I find a moderator?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:44 pm

You cannot change your username, nor can a moderator.  You can, however, ask a moderator to lock your account so that you can start another one.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:01 pm

You can however give yourself a nickname and make that display and do f**k all with it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ShyChristianGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Some where in the U.S. of A. (Still kind of shy, but not that religious anymore. I'm 32. Not yet 33.)

28 Aug 2021, 2:23 am

I fixed things by putting a few more words in my location. So I'm good now, guys.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 8:58 am

Apparently you are not allowed to change your username on this forum - I have asked/requested this already.

I originally created my username to be a bit scary, in the hopes that people wouldn't screw me over, but I didn't forsee the consequences. I got screwed anyway, as was inevitable.

People took advantage of the fact that the username is associated with the Nazis (a military tactic of the Nazis). In my mind, it was simply a description of how I approached online debates at the time. But no-one wanted to debate by the time 2013 came around and wokeology went into full swing. Authoritarian wokeists cancelled me for a long time and called me a Nazi, whilst acting like Nazis. I guess they couldn't be bothered to have the decency to argue anything, so they just decided to become 'woke'.

Why bother having any kind of argument when you can just say someone is wrong because they are racist/bigot/homophobic or whatever, regardless of a persons education level, socioeconomic circumstances, geographical location and so on that might affect the way a person perceives the world.

Never mind that every Autistic person isn't some blanket person who needs to be cancelled if they are different.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 Jan 2022, 9:17 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Apparently you are not allowed to change your username on this forum - I have asked/requested this already.
Yep - as we've discussed, this is the case.

The best option for anonymity and to disconnect from an active account is to rejoin under a new name and PM me from that new account.
It's pretty simple, but I do understand the other inconveniences of abandoning an active account.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 12:06 pm

Yes it is frustrating. I also for a number of years have wanted to my user name due to a Nazi association(AS-Hans Asperger). My username was perfect for me in 2013, now I would prefer “AutisticSince1957”.

I could use the rejoin as a new user method but that would confuse the hell out of change resistant members. While I could put “Used to be ASPartOfMe” in my signature but how many people read that, never mind associate the user with their signature? I also think most members do understand the user name may not be indicative of the person because changing it is not allowed.

Frustrating yes, deal breaker not close.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 12:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Yes it is frustrating. I also for a number of years have wanted to my user name due to a Nazi association(AS-Hans Asperger). My username was perfect for me in 2013, now I would prefer “AutisticSince1957”.

I could use the rejoin as a new user method but that would confuse the hell out of change resistant members. While I could put “Used to be ASPartOfMe” in my signature but how many people read that, never mind associate the user with their signature? I also think most members do understand the user name may not be indicative of the person because changing it is not allowed.

For what its worth I read your name as "A S part of me", I know what the AS stands for but don't decipher it so don't associate you with a Nazi, Blitzkrieg on the other hand evokes imagery of lightning warfare aimed to cause psychological shock :!:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 12:45 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

For what its worth I read your name as "A S part of me", I know what the AS stands for but don't decipher it so don't associate you with a Nazi, Blitzkrieg on the other hand evokes imagery of lightning warfare aimed to cause psychological shock :!:

Based on how often people use “Aspie” and “Aspergers” here most people do not make Nazi Associations. FWIW when I sa2 the user name “blitzkrieg” I thought history or military buff.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 1:05 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Based on how often people use “Aspie” and “Aspergers” here most people do not make Nazi Associations. FWIW when I sa2 the user name “blitzkrieg” I thought history or military buff.

Having said that, an avatar of Gwen Stefani nullifies any associations with Nazi's.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 2:52 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

To be honest, I did wish to induce a bit of psychological shock back when I made this account in 2011, as I was in a deep depression & honestly thought I wouldn't make the end of the year. But, things change. :)

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 2:58 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

To be honest, I did wish to induce a bit of psychological shock back when I made this account in 2011, as I was in a deep depression & honestly thought I wouldn't make the end of the year. But, things change. :)

Good to hear. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 3:25 pm

I don't associate "blitzkrieg" with the Nazis; like ASPartofMe said, I think "military/history buff."

By the way, I don't think of myself as being "krafty." It was the name given to me by a fellow 9-year-old who wanted me to become more confident. He said I was "crafty," and my last name starts with "K"---hence, Kraftiekortie.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 3:46 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I like your tag line on the end of your posts , Congradulations on making it through your obviously difficult to impossible health challenges ….And thank you for clarifying about your name… It possibly will be easier to write back to your posts now, that I understand. The Blitzkreig name did murk things up a bit about who you were.
Wanted to ask was your brain injury from a accident ? , if it is okay to ask .? Glad you are still amongst us ! :D

where ever you go ,there you are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 3:59 pm

Blitzkrieg, to me, also means one who survived the "Blitz" in the UK during World War II. You "blitzed the Blitz."

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 8:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Blitzkrieg, to me, also means one who survived the "Blitz" in the UK during World War II. You "blitzed the Blitz."

I think this meaning is most apt.