blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 8:05 pm

Jakki wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Yes it is frustrating. I also for a number of years have wanted to my user name due to a Nazi association(AS-Hans Asperger). My username was perfect for me in 2013, now I would prefer “AutisticSince1957”.

I could use the rejoin as a new user method but that would confuse the hell out of change resistant members. While I could put “Used to be ASPartOfMe” in my signature but how many people read that, never mind associate the user with their signature? I also think most members do understand the user name may not be indicative of the person because changing it is not allowed.

Frustrating yes, deal breaker not close.

For what its worth I read your name as "A S part of me", I know what the AS stands for but don't decipher it so don't associate you with a Nazi, Blitzkrieg on the other hand evokes imagery of lightning warfare aimed to cause psychological shock :!:

To be honest, I did wish to induce a bit of psychological shock back when I made this account in 2011, as I was in a deep depression & honestly thought I wouldn't make the end of the year. But, things change. :)

I like your tag line on the end of your posts , Congradulations on making it through your obviously difficult to impossible health challenges ….And thank you for clarifying about your name… It possibly will be easier to write back to your posts now, that I understand. The Blitzkreig name did murk things up a bit about who you were.
Wanted to ask was your brain injury from a accident ? , if it is okay to ask .? Glad you are still amongst us ! :D

Yeah, I have 5 neurological disorders in all, plus depression/anxiety/PTSD.

I'm not saying this for oppression olympics points, it is real talk.

Yes, it was an accident, though I won't go into it as I don't want to ruin our jovial social exchange. :)