Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 11:34 am

Angnix wrote:
My therapist couldnt meet with me, all I got was a talk with my caseworker for a short period of time...

I'm the meantime I have a severe migraine now from this, I'm still getting easily upset, etc...

Now I have another emergency med appointment tomorrow... But in the meantime it's just pure cycling... Sometimes I'm just in a hypomanic/overly happy mood for a few days, then I crash like this, get "flooded" or whatever's happening to me very very easily...

Are you able to identify the feelings, and what's causing them?

Have you ever looked at a feelings wheel?

If it's a consistent feeling or emotion, maybe it's a trigger emotion for you instead of being a psychiatric condition.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 4:40 pm

I feel a lot better today... But they're gonna up my bipolar meds, because the doctor really thinks part of my problem is rapid cycling, plus I got a long talk from my case worker....

I mean he was talking about I have to trust myself and make my own decisions... But when discussing issues like moving or staying here, he's telling me get out of here and move to a big city... I'd have rent control here... But he says I need to seriously work on my self-esteem and triggers, etc...

Move or stay :?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 5:07 pm

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, and I'm glad you have a case worker to help. Trusting yourself and making your own decisions is a big step when you are having mental health challenges and you need therapeutic support from others both medically and psychologically. I hope someone is coaching you on strategies to make your own decisions, based on the limits of your ability at any given time.

May I ask what diagnoses you have, if you don't mind sharing? If it's too personal I understand. I know you have ASD and you just mentioned Bipolar with medication. I think you also said they were considering Borderline? Are you also ADHD? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of your needs, and the possible effects of the medications that you take (both positive and negative). I seem to remember you were also diagnosed with Gastroparesis last year. Are you on meds for that as well?

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 5:21 pm

Angnix wrote:

Meltdowns? Anxiety Attacks??? Sigh...

Its all trauma too me.

That doc of yours sounds a bit trashy huh.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 9:01 pm

Angnix wrote:
.. Anyway anxiety meds were added... Which provided only temporary relief however...

which ones?