Page 15 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 5:12 am

^^^
Okay, I apologize preemptively for being perhaps overly harsh toward you, though I still believe I'm right.

penarddan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2021, 5:14 am

But, seriously, it isn't like the photo was faked, there was a man jumping seats in full tactical gear with the zip ties attached, and photos like that will hold into memory far more than a someone posting a detail like "oh, he found them."

penarddan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2021, 5:14 am

I am waiting for him to suggest it's an antifa operative

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 5:54 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
While a lot of "average" people, including conservatives, were shocked by what happened at the capital, many others sympathized with the sentiments of the crowd enough to forgive some of the more "enthusiastic" moments. I saw the split in my small little personal social media circle almost right away.

Ehh, a lot of us that had been paying attention were all over the double standard in the coverage pretty much instantly, regardless of any sympathy for the rioters. The instantaneous creation of the insurrection narrative after being gaslit all year by the media regarding the racial justice protests was just too much, I don't think I've been that angry in a long time.

The double standards were gobsmacking and actually embarrassing.
I have never seen such exquisite irony.
American politics is a sight to see. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 6:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
While a lot of "average" people, including conservatives, were shocked by what happened at the capital, many others sympathized with the sentiments of the crowd enough to forgive some of the more "enthusiastic" moments. I saw the split in my small little personal social media circle almost right away.

Ehh, a lot of us that had been paying attention were all over the double standard in the coverage pretty much instantly, regardless of any sympathy for the rioters. The instantaneous creation of the insurrection narrative after being gaslit all year by the media regarding the racial justice protests was just too much, I don't think I've been that angry in a long time.

There's actually a huge difference between people getting out of hand in regard to the just cause racial justice, and the Capitol rioters whose number included white nationalists, anti-vaxxers, religious nuts, and loads of other members of the lunatic fringe. Go ahead and hurl your rage at me, I know I'm right (and no, I'm not defending those racial justice demonstrations that turned violent).
As for gaslighting, nobody did that better than your orange messiah (as I recall, you had threatened to vote for him so us liberals would be punished, so you can own him).

Off Topic
The orange man was a mistake, imo.
Biden is a bigger one based on the Afghani fiasco.

85 b.b.billion in military ordinance given to the Taliban to sell elsewhere? EEP!
Identification including hand scans of those who worked for the allies?
OMG!
Talk about incompetence. 8O

Every day, the calamity gets worse. :?
Time for a new President, and I don't mean Trump or Harris. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 6:28 am

I just watched the video.
What a cowardly act.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... o-capitol/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 7:06 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

There's actually a huge difference between people getting out of hand in regard to the just cause racial justice, and the Capitol rioters whose number included white nationalists, anti-vaxxers, religious nuts, and loads of other members of the lunatic fringe. Go ahead and hurl your rage at me, I know I'm right (and no, I'm not defending those racial justice demonstrations that turned violent).
As for gaslighting, nobody did that better than your orange messiah (as I recall, you had threatened to vote for him so us liberals would be punished, so you can own him).

Off Topic

85 b.b.billion in military ordinance given to the Taliban to sell elsewhere? EEP!
OMG!

At least Biden is trying to get Afghans out of their country, though it's an assbackward sort of way. Not only did Trump desert the Kurds after they had taken way too many for the team (us), but now he's attacking Biden for bringing in Afghan refugees, calling them terrorists.
Recall, as well, that the Bay of Pigs disaster had happened on Kennedy's watch, even though he had inherited the plan from Eisenhower. But who holds that against JFK today, save for Cuban exile reactionaries. I think Biden will probably weather this storm.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 7:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Off Topic

OMG!

At least Biden is trying to get Afghans out of their country, though it's an assbackward sort of way. Not only did Trump desert the Kurds after they had taken way too many for the team (us), but now he's attacking Biden for bringing in Afghan refugees, calling them terrorists.
Recall, as well, that the Bay of Pigs disaster had happened on Kennedy's watch, even though he had inherited the plan from Eisenhower. But who holds that against JFK today, save for Cuban exile reactionaries. I think Biden will probably weather this storm.

Agreed.
Trump treated the Kurds disgracefully and should be condemned for that, but he wouldn't have left 85 Billion dollars worth of military ordinance in Afghanistan, imo.

See how a non-partisan mind works?
Try it.
You may like it. :mrgreen: