Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Bogbrush
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2021, 9:00 am

I live on my own, I'm 53. I'm in Scotland. My marriage ended 6 years ago, and I'm content with that. I'm very happy with my own company, but I do miss talking to people about all sorts of things. I suppose it's a temporary lockdown thing that stymies things, or it was. Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to work out of lockdown stuff?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 11:22 am

What hobbies do you have?

timf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 1:37 pm

There are a number of online forums for all sorts of various interests. You might be able to strike up an friendship with others who have similar interests.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 1:49 pm

I'm 53, my last relationship ended about 6 years ago, I live alone.

/Mats

Silas
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Aug 2021, 5:59 pm

wow! Calthness!

a lonely place for sure, but beautiful beyond words

so a few questions:

1. Do you have children?
2. Aside from online communities, are there any clubs or groups to join in your area? What are your interests?
3. Can you travel? At least regionally? Make it down to Edinburgh?

Finding someone to talk to involves deceptively simple steps and some initiative

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 6:13 pm

Hi and a warm welcome to to you, BB :). Sorry to hear of your marital breakdown, and hope you are more at peace and settled 6 years on.

I’m planning on exploring Scotland in the coming year. I seem to be surrounded by all things Scottish of late! I’m an Aussie who is enjoying exploring more of the UK at the moment.

WP is the perfect place for good and interesting conversation. Good to have you with us.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 9:10 pm

Bogbrush wrote:
I live on my own, I'm 53. I'm in Scotland. My marriage ended 6 years ago, and I'm content with that. I'm very happy with my own company, but I do miss talking to people about all sorts of things. I suppose it's a temporary lockdown thing that stymies things, or it was. Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to work out of lockdown stuff?

yeah... I used to work from home - living alone - and occasionally go to the pub or cinema with friends. But during the whole Covid thing, everyone just went to work and back home to their families, and I didn't leave the house for anything but groceries or to go for a walk.
Eventually, I rented an office in the building some of my friends work in, so I'd see them during the day and have an occasional chat, because I learned that after a week wiyhout speaking to anyone, my brain would start to go a little .... fuzzy around the edges.
I also started calling my brother at least once a week for a chat.

I miss pubs.