Free Dating Sites for people with Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2021, 11:25 pm

Does anyone know if there are any free dating sites specifically for people with autism, where you don't pay for it each month?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 3:33 am

I think that's too niche to build a dating site around, I'd try OKCupid, they definitely seem to have the most autistic-ish people on, especially if you're near a city. They also have a decent free experience and a very detailed profile creation system, I've had good luck there myself.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2021, 12:07 pm

I was just trying to figure out if there were any specifically for autistic people.

ct507
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

ct507
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2021, 6:23 pm

According to one review, all parts of the app are accessible free of charge. The one downside mentioned had to do with fewer people nearby to interact with, but that could vary of course, depending on your location or ability/willingness to travel.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 7:34 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I think that's too niche to build a dating site around, I'd try OKCupid, they definitely seem to have the most autistic-ish people on, especially if you're near a city. They also have a decent free experience and a very detailed profile creation system, I've had good luck there myself.

Lol. "the most autistic-ish people". I take it that the people on OKCupid are not the best socially and talking to them is like pulling teeth?

I find paid dating sites better. Having to pay money to use one automatically gets rid of a lot of the times waster. Someone paying to waste the time of others needs to be seriously bored......and stupid.

I think an aspie should still have a decent chance on any paid site mingling in with the NT's

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

29 Aug 2021, 9:20 pm

Your thread can become a mini dating site here, I suppose. Maybe you can make a new one writing about yourself and presenting the future desires you have.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 9:35 pm

Why do you ask? You looking for a special someone? :)

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2021, 10:45 am

An autism dating site wouldn't be viable because of gender ratio.

Men outnumber women on dating sites as it is. And men are diagnosed with autism ~3x as often as women are.

Combine those together. If there were an autism dating site, it would be like 95% men and 5% women.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 8:37 pm

Nades wrote:

Lol. "the most autistic-ish people". I take it that the people on OKCupid are not the best socially and talking to them is like pulling teeth?

More like a special kind of weird, OKC is the nerdiest of the major dating platforms, and I find that tends to attract a different crowd than Tinder or Bumble or Match.

Nades wrote:
I find paid dating sites better. Having to pay money to use one automatically gets rid of a lot of the times waster. Someone paying to waste the time of others needs to be seriously bored......and stupid.

Depends on what you're looking for, I find that most of the people using pay only sites are looking for conventional monogamous relationships leading to marriage and/or children, which is not what I'm looking for.

Nades wrote:
I think an aspie should still have a decent chance on any paid site mingling in with the NT's

Definitely depends on the aspie, but I also don't think an all aspie dating site would be the panacea some people think, just look at how much hostility and misunderstanding goes on here among people in various places on the spectrum. I think a lot of people have this idea that other aspies will understand them better than NTs do, and that has not been my experience at all, we just misunderstand each other in different ways.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 10:57 pm

christinejarvis21 wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any free dating sites specifically for people with autism, where you don't pay for it each month?

Here's a question for you. Are you willing to enter into a long distance relationship? If the answer is no, then don't sign up for a dating site for people with autism. And the reason is because autism is a relatively niche group of people, most people who sign up for an online site specifically for those with autism, will likely be far away from you. If that's not a problem for you, then go ahead and sign up, you might meet someone special, drive or fly out to meet them, and you two become a happy couple.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 3:25 am

Dox47 wrote:
Nades wrote:

More like a special kind of weird, OKC is the nerdiest of the major dating platforms, and I find that tends to attract a different crowd than Tinder or Bumble or Match.

Nades wrote:

Depends on what you're looking for, I find that most of the people using pay only sites are looking for conventional monogamous relationships leading to marriage and/or children, which is not what I'm looking for.

Nades wrote:

Definitely depends on the aspie, but I also don't think an all aspie dating site would be the panacea some people think, just look at how much hostility and misunderstanding goes on here among people in various places on the spectrum. I think a lot of people have this idea that other aspies will understand them better than NTs do, and that has not been my experience at all, we just misunderstand each other in different ways.

I haven't been in that many dating websites but noticed any paid one is better than free ones overall.

A sole aspie dating website would never work. Firstly high functioning autism effects mostly men so already there will be a huge problem with the skewed ratios.

That brings me on to a second point. Autistic men have to deal with dating NT's as there will never be enough female aspies under any circumstances. Their maturity needs to reflect the fact they need to date NT's. They can't be 30 year olds who don't want to be touched and sit at home playing video games. Their idea of a perfect girlfriend can't resemble the ideal relationship a 12 year old will come up with in their heads.

The same also applies to aspie women to an extent. While they can find aspie men a lot easier many seem to be just as temperamental and hold a childish view on relationships.

I suppose it's just what autism is.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 3:27 am

There was one that was peddled here a few years back. I think it was called Aspie Hearts or somesuch. But the site was filled with bugs and technical problems. Not sure if it's still around. A for effort, though.