Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2021, 11:57 pm

So,
I have a dilemma. I have a doctor and I'm just really wanting to change for quite a few different reasons. The first reason is that my general physician is the same doctor that I use, and it's just awkward because I don't feel comfortable talking to her about certain things and I also have a hard time just telling her what's going on in general because I have a hard time describing it. Also, she has a thick accent so it's frustrating when I can't understand her and she also talks so much that I can hardly get a word in while I'm thinking about what I'm trying to say. Finally, she also goes to my parents church and because of that she'll ask me how my siblings are and I don't want a doctor who's asking about my siblings when I'm there to see them. I want a doctor that will take the time to listen to me and that I can clearly understand what they're saying. What do you ladies think?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 1:27 am

If you aren't comfortable talking to your doctor I would recommend changing. It's really important to have a doctor you can trust, whom you can also understand. I've known my doctor since she was five years old. She's younger than I am and I watched her grow up. My family has known her family and grandparents for 50 years. Despite that I have no worries about her discussing other family members in my appointments, or discussing me during theirs. I trust her completely and I feel grateful every day that she's my doctor. I hope you can find someone new, who makes you feel comfortable, validated, and understood.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2021, 8:23 am

Definitely time for a change…. Good luck.