Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 12:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
By spiky profile, I mean that my grades fluctuated a lot, not that my actual IQ is inconsistent. For example some years I would have grades ranging from failure to high honours even in the same subject. It would depend on the teacher or on my ability to focus in certain classrooms. My grades in one subject were 12% (final) and then 99% (final) in two consecutive terms. Teachers made comments about me being disorganised and failing to submit assignments on time. This was consistent from primary until I started Uni. Some teachers called me an underachiever. Some gave me first class honours and departmental awards. I was all over the map from day one.

I had the same experience in school. I actually managed to have an A in almost every class one semester in HS, after I started online schooling and before burnout hit, which was the best I ever did in school, and then every year after that I had classes with either F's or A's in all the work. :oops: I can't pay attention enough to do well at most subjects even when I want to and I am a habitual procrastinator...

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 1:21 pm

Same. My low grades were never a result of not understanding material. They were because of sensory or social overwhelm in the classroom dynamic, shittty teachers who made me want to skip class, or late / incomplete assignments due to disorganisation. There was one term when I first met my boyfriend (five years older -- already in Uni), and I skipped classes two days a week to hang out with him because he didn't have classes on those days. Whoops.