Movie News: Aaron Pierre Cast in "Lion King" Prequel & More!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:29 pm

oh ffs.
cinema really is dead, isn't it?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 9:32 pm

Will someone explain why Hollyweird won't accept anything original to produce? :?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 9:46 pm

COVID19 has made it expensive and time consuming to come up with new original movie ideas

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 9:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
COVID19 has made it expensive and time consuming to come up with new original movie ideas

Even well before the pandemic?

The world of entertainment is often hard to understand.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 8:48 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Will someone explain why Hollyweird won't accept anything original to produce? :?

there have been about 7 iterations of "Django" before Tarantino made his version.
okay, it's his thing, and he actually had a cameo in iteration number six - but there were 5 iterations of Django in which Tarantino wasn't involved.
Hollywood has been remaking stuff for a century now.

And the Lion King, the 90s animayed Version, was a ripoff of a japanese manga/anime, yet somehow, at Disney, it was referred to as 'Bambi in the jungle' - which, essentially, it is.

But that's not really the problem, Bambi and the Lion King tell largely a similar story, a grand narrative of growing up, for children and their parents.
It's obvious you can't tell the same story forever, and others have figured put how to tell that story, too, so what is the world's largest media company to do?
tell a totally unnecessary story and milk that dead horse, or rather, parents' wallets, before the kids grow older and spend their life on instagram and tiktok, where Disney can't reach them.
Disney knows the days of movies are numbered, and that money today isn't in the media content, but in access to media content, like the Disneyplus platform.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 10:19 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Even well before the pandemic?

The world of entertainment is often hard to understand.

The scope to bring in an international cast or film in different locations has been extremely hampered since March 2020. The cost even for animated flicks is made exorbitant by the need for regular COVID testing. In 2022 this might be slightly alleviated by vaccination passports.

The second problem is profits are impacted by the inability to showcase/launch films in cinemas due to poor turnouts. Again in 2022 this might be alleviated by patrons showing vaccine passports but the atmosphere will never be the same for some years to come.

Big budget films are now reliant on streaming platforms like Disney + so this curtails the money available to explore ideas/plots/scripts/characters.