Anybody listen to songs from past decades?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 4:50 pm

Just spent an hour or so listening to those awesome songs from years past - from the 1960s, through the 1970s, and parts of the 1980s - the songs I remember, the years I was under thirty (even songs that were published even before I was ten - in which I have memories from that time).

Many of these songs are great music - as opposed too much junk these days!

In listening to decades-old songs one remembers growing up, how many feel those profound experiences which simply cannot be put to words?

FoxesSchmoxes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm

Of course!! ! Music from the 70s, 60s, and 80s is pretty much all I listen to. I see it as a way of celebrating history depending on the lyrics. I hate it when people say that it's all "irrelevant" or "outdated" when it isn't. Sure, musical styles and technology change, but human nature never changes and songs of the past can always be applied to today in some way or another. Besides that in my opinion that "older sound" sounds better anyway. :P Too much autotune in a lot of today's music.

Do you have any favorite albums or artists from those eras?

"For what profit is a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?" Luke 9:23-26

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 12:07 am

FoxesSchmoxes wrote:
Music from the 70s, 60s, and 80s is pretty much all I listen to.

Ditto. Lots of 50s, too. Music got a little weird in the 80s, but I still like a lot of it.
I have a ton of music queued up by release date, and I'm currently in July 1977.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 12:27 am

sarcasm/// what's your problem mate?
i just took a random suggested :nerdy: song :roll: :nerdy: , it wasn't, it was an add for furniture and clothing