Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 10:08 am

I wonder if this technically means that the white Jesus and Mary that people are familiar with in those old paintings and statues are actually false idols? Just something I was thinking about...

♤ The Military

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 10:21 am

I don't know about "false idols."

They're just erroneous portrayals, based on Eurocentric perceptions.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 11:57 am

Pepe wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
There is no eternal life.

Well, we'll never know that until we're dead, right? (I'm [b]not saying you're wrong, really)[/b]

Anyhow, religious or not, people STILL need to get vaccinated, whether they like it or not! :roll:

Reason makes it quite clear that the afterlife, preached by religions, is irrational nonsense.
In my book, that is enough.
I am banking on not meeting up with Hitler, in the afterlife.
Keeping in mind that he would be in "the other place", I'd rather choose non-existence, or I am in deep doggy doo. 8O :mrgreen:

It's just that I don't believe in Heaven. I believe it was an empty promise to get us humans to behave. Either that, or standards to get in are way too high that no one really qualifies. Truth is, we all burn in Hell, Period. We could be using our resources to make our own Heaven on Earth, but noooooo.
We gotta find new ways to hate each other, find new ways to control each other, and invent new ways to destroy each other.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 12:13 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Pepe wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Well, we'll never know that until we're dead, right? (I'm [b]not saying you're wrong, really)[/b]

Anyhow, religious or not, people STILL need to get vaccinated, whether they like it or not! :roll:

Reason makes it quite clear that the afterlife, preached by religions, is irrational nonsense.
Keeping in mind that he would be in "the other place", I'd rather choose non-existence, or I am in deep doggy doo. 8O :mrgreen:

It's just that I don't believe in Heaven. I believe it was an empty promise to get us humans to behave. Either that, or standards to get in are way too high that no one really qualifies. Truth is, we all burn in Hell, Period. We could be using our resources to make our own Heaven on Earth, but noooooo.
We gotta find new ways to hate each other, find new ways to control each other, and invent new ways to destroy each other.

"There is only one Hell, the one we live in now"
~Melisandre from Game of Thrones

♤ The Military

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 9:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Jesus probably looked similar to a present-day native of the Levant.

If Jesus would have walked into a Southern small town in the 1950s, I don't feel he would have been well-received.

If he had a political spin team behind him, he might have been. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 9:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't know about "false idols."

They're just erroneous portrayals, based on Eurocentric perceptions.

Rather insulting to Jesus, his team and the Truth. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 9:48 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Pepe wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

It has been said many times, that this existence *IS* the hell that is talked about.
Personally, I believe it.
Thankfully, there is a way out of this one.
It is hard to imagine the next one could possibly be worse. 8O
The possibility is enough to turn anyone away from becoming a "believer", surely. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 10:14 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I wonder if this technically means that the white Jesus and Mary that people are familiar with in those old paintings and statues are actually false idols? Just something I was thinking about...

Depends who makes up the rules. Those who conducted inquisition might have burned themselves at the stake if they sincerely believed the nonsense they spouted.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 10:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If Jesus would have walked into a Southern small town in the 1950s, I don't feel he would have been well-received.

Probably up to the 1960s. In 2021 he would be accosted by the local police.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 12:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
People who have taken the dewormer have ended up in the hospital.

Yes, I said that. But the mainstream seems to be ignorant of the fact that people who are following the correct dosage have been perfectly fine. The mainstream also seems ignorant of the fact that a version for humans even exists at all.

One can overdose on water. People have died from it.

Mark my words, once Merck's new version of IVM comes out, people are going to be singing its praises.

And paying big bucks for it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
A virus is not a parasite.

Spoilers: IVM also has some anti-viral properties, as well as anti-inflammatory, which is probably where most of the Long Haul relief comes from.

cyberdad wrote:
Not that shocking really, he spoke Aramaic which is the language of the time spoken by nomadic tribes in Israel who are not white by European standards.

I don't know how anyone can seriously believe that Jesus was white.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 1:35 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, I said that. But the mainstream seems to be ignorant of the fact that people who are following the correct dosage have been perfectly fine. The mainstream also seems ignorant of the fact that a version for humans even exists at all.

Mark my words, once Merck's new version of IVM comes out, people are going to be singing its praises.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Spoilers: IVM also has some anti-viral properties, as well as anti-inflammatory, which is probably where most of the Long Haul relief comes from.

cyberdad wrote:
Not that shocking really, he spoke Aramaic which is the language of the time spoken by nomadic tribes in Israel who are not white by European standards.

Take the vaccination, and besides maybe some side effects, you won't get sick at all.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 1:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

cyberdad wrote:

Take the vaccination, and besides maybe some side effects, you won't get sick at all.

I had absolutely no side effects from my first AZ jab.
I am looking forward to my second one in 2 week's time. 8)

I recently heard a report that studies suggest the AZ vaccine is more protective and lasts a longer time than the Pfizer brand.
If true, I will be having a belly laugh. :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 10:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

cyberdad wrote:

I had absolutely no side effects from my first AZ jab.
I am looking forward to my second one in 2 week's time. 8)

I recently heard a report that studies suggest the AZ vaccine is more protective and lasts a longer time than the Pfizer brand.
If true, I will be having a belly laugh. :mrgreen:

I got the Pfizer vaccine. I'm not familiar with AZ.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 12:39 am

Astrazeneca is a UK vaccine

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 12:46 am

cyberdad wrote:

Okay.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Okay.

The other state premiers took the astrazeneca jab, but the great moral hero, palache, was too scared she might get a blood clot, so speculation goes.
Women have a much bigger chance using the pill, btw.

She concocted a story about getting a tetanus shot because of a dog bite.
If true, it should have been the *dog* that got treatment. :mrgreen:

She then said she got the flu jab, so she had to wait.

Then, because she wanted to go on a unnecessary junket to Tokyo, she said she had to have the Pfizer jab instead because time ran out.
More spin than "walking the dog" with a yo yo. :mrgreen:

In my book, she is the most disreputable politician on the books, and there are some doozies. 8O

I guess I am a bigger man than her because I took AZ. 8)