6 Children reported killed in air-strike

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 2:37 am

Dox47 wrote:
Ahh, the ole Friday afternoon press release strikes again I see.

So it seems.

I can see why they don't want to draw attention to it.

This story has made me incredibly sad from the start. To the point I avoided reading about it. But Friday news dumps are something one must keep an eye on ...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:55 am

The children's death's are being used as a political football.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_football

A political football is a topic or issue that is seized on by opposing political parties or factions and made a more political issue than it might initially seem to be. ... A less-used meaning, is a political issue that is continually debated but left unresolved.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 4:48 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

So it seems.

This story has made me incredibly sad from the start. To the point I avoided reading about it. But Friday news dumps are something one must keep an eye on ...

I seem to recall the initial claim was of it having killed 2 high-level ISIS-K members, yet the reluctance to mention any names when prompted suggested a high likelihood that the claim may not have been true - Had the names been provided, it would have been awkward should those people have spoken out to let everyone know they were still alive.

Unfortunately, it seems this will be a case where the person who ordered\authorised the strike won't be punished (or publicly named?).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 5:52 am

Brictoria wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

So it seems.

I seem to recall the initial claim was of it having killed 2 high-level ISIS-K members, yet the reluctance to mention any names when prompted suggested a high likelihood that the claim may not have been true - Had the names been provided, it would have been awkward should those people have spoken out to let everyone know they were still alive.

Unfortunately, it seems this will be a case where the person who ordered\authorised the strike won't be punished (or publicly named?).

I was amazed at how quick the intel was.
The assumption was that it was correct intel.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 12:14 am

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 2:58 am

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — An independent Pentagon review has concluded that the U.S. drone strike that killed innocent Kabul civilians and children in the final days of the Afghanistan war was not caused by misconduct or negligence, and it doesn’t recommend any disciplinary action.

Source: https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-kabul-bf24b4a670895ab1cc0b345ee9c90c74