6 Children reported killed in air-strike

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,979
Location: Northern California

18 Sep 2021, 2:37 am

Dox47 wrote:
Ahh, the ole Friday afternoon press release strikes again I see.


So it seems.

I can see why they don't want to draw attention to it.

This story has made me incredibly sad from the start. To the point I avoided reading about it. But Friday news dumps are something one must keep an eye on ...


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,552

18 Sep 2021, 3:55 am

The children's death's are being used as a political football.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_football

A political football is a topic or issue that is seized on by opposing political parties or factions and made a more political issue than it might initially seem to be. ... A less-used meaning, is a political issue that is continually debated but left unresolved.



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,104
Location: Melbourne, Australia

18 Sep 2021, 4:48 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Ahh, the ole Friday afternoon press release strikes again I see.


So it seems.

I can see why they don't want to draw attention to it.

This story has made me incredibly sad from the start. To the point I avoided reading about it. But Friday news dumps are something one must keep an eye on ...


I seem to recall the initial claim was of it having killed 2 high-level ISIS-K members, yet the reluctance to mention any names when prompted suggested a high likelihood that the claim may not have been true - Had the names been provided, it would have been awkward should those people have spoken out to let everyone know they were still alive.

Unfortunately, it seems this will be a case where the person who ordered\authorised the strike won't be punished (or publicly named?).


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,392
Location: Australia

18 Sep 2021, 5:52 am

Brictoria wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Ahh, the ole Friday afternoon press release strikes again I see.


So it seems.

I can see why they don't want to draw attention to it.

This story has made me incredibly sad from the start. To the point I avoided reading about it. But Friday news dumps are something one must keep an eye on ...


I seem to recall the initial claim was of it having killed 2 high-level ISIS-K members, yet the reluctance to mention any names when prompted suggested a high likelihood that the claim may not have been true - Had the names been provided, it would have been awkward should those people have spoken out to let everyone know they were still alive.

Unfortunately, it seems this will be a case where the person who ordered\authorised the strike won't be punished (or publicly named?).


I was amazed at how quick the intel was.
The assumption was that it was correct intel.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,104
Location: Melbourne, Australia

28 Sep 2021, 12:14 am


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn