Page 9 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 5:22 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Your above a restaurant? Have you checked the place out yet? Also, awesome that it's not noisy from that.

Could you hear the music from the hall?

I looked at the menu -- it's a Columbian and Latin place. Nothing to my liking, but I am a very picky eater.

I couldn't hear it very well standing outside my door. So I took it up another notch or two. So far nobody has come knocking...

Meh. Sorry there's nothing acceptable on the menu. I get that, there's more places I refuse to eat, than places I will eat. Though I will say that eating meat again has opened up my options some.

And right on. Glad you can get a bit more volume going there minus the concern.

When I first moved in, I was excited because I thought, based on the name of the place, that is was Italian cuisine. Italian food I can happily do.

Day 10 of living alone. It really hasn't been too bad so far, although I have kept busy, visited the kids a lot (today will be three straight days), almost daily AA meetings, things of that nature. Things between myself and my estranged wife, however, have taken a turn for the worse. We can barely be in each others presence at this point. I suppose that's only natural this early in the process. She resents my freedom while she's stuck at home with the five kids (although 2 of them are men at this point). I'm watching the three younger ones today while she goes out, so maybe that'll smooth things over, at least a little.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:55 pm

Checking in to see how you are doing.

I’m sorry you and your ex are having trouble being civil. While I can sympathize greatly with a mom stuck home alone with five kids, didn’t she foresee this as a consequence of your moving out? Or maybe it is more just a matter of hitting you with all the possible resentments she can think of. Not intentionally. But acting out her pain.

I hope things settle down as you both get habituated to the new normal.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:12 am

Thank you. I'm actually doing well so far this week. Work is slow so I'm pretty bored all day, but otherwise I'm keeping busy at night.

Of course she saw this as a consequence. But it was either that or stay with me and that just wasn't possible anymore. I really feel for her. She is in a lot of pain right now and I can't help her through it.

I think things will settle down eventually. It's just going to take a lot of time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 6:39 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Thank you. I'm actually doing well so far this week. Work is slow so I'm pretty bored all day, but otherwise I'm keeping busy at night.

Of course she saw this as a consequence. But it was either that or stay with me and that just wasn't possible anymore. I really feel for her. She is in a lot of pain right now and I can't help her through it.

I think things will settle down eventually. It's just going to take a lot of time.

Best of luck.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 6:40 am

thanks, Pepe.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 2:47 pm

Hello Steve. How are you doing today?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:51 pm

Just checking in to see how you are doing. :heart:

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 4:29 am

smudge wrote:

blazingstar wrote:

Thank you both. I can't believe how well I'm doing. I'm not sure what I was even worried about.

Do I miss my old life? Sure. But I've quickly settled into the new one. I've tried to stay busy...that definitely helps. I met someone through a dating site. We saw each other 4 out of the last 6 days. Things are looking pretty good for me these days...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 8:34 am

Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:

blazingstar wrote:

Thank you both. I can't believe how well I'm doing. I'm not sure what I was even worried about.

Do I miss my old life? Sure. But I've quickly settled into the new one. I've tried to stay busy...that definitely helps. I met someone through a dating site. We saw each other 4 out of the last 6 days. Things are looking pretty good for me these days...

Ummmm. 8O

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 5:11 am

Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:

blazingstar wrote:

Ummmm. 8O

Problem? I really enjoy talking to this woman. We have a lot in common. And no funny business.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 6:08 am

If you dig her, go for it!

Your ex sort of threw YOU to the curb.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 6:09 am

Not really...the vast majority of our issues were my fault. But we did agree to separate.

I really enjoy spending time with this new woman. I like talking to her a lot.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 7:22 am

I hope you could go hiking with her in the Berkshires.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 7:24 am

I hope to. Autumn is particularly beautiful here as you probably know.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:

blazingstar wrote:

Ummmm. 8O

Problem? I really enjoy talking to this woman. We have a lot in common. And no funny business.

Of course, I don't have a problem if you were to move on.
It sounded as though you were.
You did call it a "date".
I was just surprised because you were talking about reconciliation.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 9:28 am

Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:

blazingstar wrote:

Ummmm. 8O

Of course, I don't have a problem if you were to move on.
It sounded as though you were.
You did call it a "date".
I was just surprised because you were talking about reconciliation.

Did I mention reconciliation? I suppose it could happen some day. But for now we're both trying to move on. Maybe I work on my s**t, maybe she works on hers. Maybe we both get past our issues and then one day find that we can get back together. But I'm not waiting on something that may never happen.