Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 4:23 pm

Is it really ok? I’m 51 now, he’s 37, I did the math. He seems ok with the age difference. I guess I’m attracted to younger men, cuz I feel like I’m in my 20s & I look like I’m in my 30s. Is this wrong?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm

Seems fine to me! There's a lot of people with your guys' age difference that date.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 3:19 am

I think those ages are fine together, as long as he isn't hoping to have children with you.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 4:03 am

There is nothing wrong with that age gap. It of interest, how close are these men to you and how often do you meet them in person?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 7:39 am

I used to dig older women when I was younger....

Now, I'M old LOL :P

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 8:15 am

There is nothing wrong in that situation. You are both adults, so you can work out the specifics of the relationship together. My father was nine years older than my mother and were married until he died of COPD. I have a high school classmate who is still married to a wife that is twenty years older then him. After one gets to a certain adult age, the age differences in relationships with other adults start to fade with time.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2021, 10:54 am

There's nothing wrong with this. If there's mental/emotional/romantic connection and he's kind to you, that's all that matters.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 9:40 pm

Thanks, I feel better now.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 9:55 pm

Nades wrote:
There is nothing wrong with that age gap. It of interest, how close are these men to you and how often do you meet them in person?

He’s ok with my age. Men in their 20s want to talk to me, but I feel that toooo young, 36 is too young. This guy lives in LA, 40 minutes from me. I haven’t met him yet, I wish I could meet him & have coffee with him, but I have trouble walking & covid. We haven’t video chat yet. I hope he real, he said he’s a doctor.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 1:07 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Nades wrote:

He’s ok with my age. Men in their 20s want to talk to me, but I feel that toooo young, 36 is too young. This guy lives in LA, 40 minutes from me. I haven’t met him yet, I wish I could meet him & have coffee with him, but I have trouble walking & covid. We haven’t video chat yet. I hope he real, he said he’s a doctor.

Do you meet people in person from dating sites often in general? From the posts I remember it appears you manage to get into convo with a lot of men but I can't help but feel you're hitting a stumbling block somewhere.

If you do meet up with them how far does it usually progress along?

Kira001
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think those ages are fine together, as long as he isn't hoping to have children with you.

From: Kira001- Than what's the point of doing a relationship if we all know and want to be with someone is so that we can be married and have children one day. If the guy wants to have children with her, let them be happy. 8)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:15 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Is it really ok? I’m 51 now, he’s 37, I did the math. He seems ok with the age difference. I guess I’m attracted to younger men, cuz I feel like I’m in my 20s & I look like I’m in my 30s. Is this wrong?

As long as he's emotionally mature enough for you, I see nothing wrong with the age difference.