Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,627
Location: California,USA

30 Aug 2021, 4:23 pm

Is it really ok? I’m 51 now, he’s 37, I did the math. He seems ok with the age difference. I guess I’m attracted to younger men, cuz I feel like I’m in my 20s & I look like I’m in my 30s. Is this wrong?


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2020
Age: 20
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 6,838
Location: U.S.A.

30 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm

Seems fine to me! There's a lot of people with your guys' age difference that date.


_________________
I use he/him pronouns.

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,317
Location: Northern California

31 Aug 2021, 3:19 am

I think those ages are fine together, as long as he isn't hoping to have children with you.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,417
Location: wales

31 Aug 2021, 4:03 am

There is nothing wrong with that age gap. It of interest, how close are these men to you and how often do you meet them in person?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,591
Location: Queens, NYC

31 Aug 2021, 7:39 am

I used to dig older women when I was younger....

Now, I'M old LOL :P



QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,571
Location: Midwest

31 Aug 2021, 8:15 am

There is nothing wrong in that situation. You are both adults, so you can work out the specifics of the relationship together. My father was nine years older than my mother and were married until he died of COPD. I have a high school classmate who is still married to a wife that is twenty years older then him. After one gets to a certain adult age, the age differences in relationships with other adults start to fade with time.



Minervx_2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Joined: 22 May 2016
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 216

31 Aug 2021, 10:54 am

There's nothing wrong with this. If there's mental/emotional/romantic connection and he's kind to you, that's all that matters.



Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,627
Location: California,USA

31 Aug 2021, 9:40 pm

Thanks, I feel better now.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,627
Location: California,USA

31 Aug 2021, 9:55 pm

Nades wrote:
There is nothing wrong with that age gap. It of interest, how close are these men to you and how often do you meet them in person?



He’s ok with my age. Men in their 20s want to talk to me, but I feel that toooo young, 36 is too young. This guy lives in LA, 40 minutes from me. I haven’t met him yet, I wish I could meet him & have coffee with him, but I have trouble walking & covid. We haven’t video chat yet. I hope he real, he said he’s a doctor.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,417
Location: wales

01 Sep 2021, 1:07 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Nades wrote:
There is nothing wrong with that age gap. It of interest, how close are these men to you and how often do you meet them in person?



He’s ok with my age. Men in their 20s want to talk to me, but I feel that toooo young, 36 is too young. This guy lives in LA, 40 minutes from me. I haven’t met him yet, I wish I could meet him & have coffee with him, but I have trouble walking & covid. We haven’t video chat yet. I hope he real, he said he’s a doctor.


Do you meet people in person from dating sites often in general? From the posts I remember it appears you manage to get into convo with a lot of men but I can't help but feel you're hitting a stumbling block somewhere.

If you do meet up with them how far does it usually progress along?



Kira001
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 25 Sep 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 1

25 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think those ages are fine together, as long as he isn't hoping to have children with you.


From: Kira001- Than what's the point of doing a relationship if we all know and want to be with someone is so that we can be married and have children one day. If the guy wants to have children with her, let them be happy. 8)



Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,400
Location: New York City (Queens)

25 Sep 2021, 10:15 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Is it really ok? I’m 51 now, he’s 37, I did the math. He seems ok with the age difference. I guess I’m attracted to younger men, cuz I feel like I’m in my 20s & I look like I’m in my 30s. Is this wrong?

As long as he's emotionally mature enough for you, I see nothing wrong with the age difference.


_________________
- Autistic in NYC - Resources and new ideas for the autistic adult community in the New York City metro area.
- Autistic peer-led groups (via text-based chat, currently) led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.
- My Twitter (new as of 2021)