Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DjangoPuff88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2021, 10:48 pm

Hello all! I have a question for those in a similar scenario to myself, that are battling depression for any reason. I was wondering how all of you cope, improve, and find hope in living. As I often struggle with finding meaning in life, what helps give life meaning to you?
Thank you for reading!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 12:09 am

always find something that interests you even just a little, then follow up on that interest as it evolves in the world. i never know what beautiful music i will discover the next day or week or month or year. music is my life :dj: watch one's diet, bad food is depressing, literally. when one is way overweight it is easier to get down, i have found. if one can, do vigorous exercise [sweaty and huff puff] every day, for about an hour. in my experience that chases the blues away from me at least, YMMV.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 8:52 am

Spinach and broccoli

Sleep

Music

Journal

Perspective

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

15 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

Just telling myself that I’ve been depressed before and survived helps. Good sleep, adequate exercise, eating healthy, listening to music, just basically what Blabby said. Also going to therapy and talking with someone has worked wonders. Meditation in the moment.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 9:26 am

G^D, wife, coffee, and kitty.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 9:55 am

What helps is realizing depression is not really an independent disorder, it's a "normal" condition similar to dehydration. Every perfectly healthy person get dehydrated if they don't drink enough water or don't maintain electrolyte balance.

My personal system is very simple: "Sleeping with open window, 1 minute of intense burpees, 15 minutes of direct sunlight and 2 eggs a day keeps depression away".

That's all I do to prevent depression.

It's very important to understand that doing something fun doesn't really improve depression at all. It's like trying to overcome poverty by spending more money.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:06 am

Stimulating conversation
Or stimulating something
Something that captures my full attention
Coffee <3
Puppy dogs
Something exciting

Why are you depressed? Ever not been depressed? How was that? Because it’s impossible to be 100% always ecstatic or euphoric cause you’d probably have a heart attack.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 9:37 am

Looking after my pets. Going for walks in the countryside or in old towns, I like interesting architecture. Trying new kinds of food.