Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 12:27 pm

ASD overlaps ADHD overlaps depression and anxiety overlaps compulsive behaviors.

I NEED to know things. If I don't know EVERYTHING about a topic I feel like know NOTHING about a topic.
ASD.
Persistent preoccupation with parts of objects.
This is my job. I do computer technology. I WANT to build things. I am better at fixing things and automating things.
I am anxious about being different from other people, about being out of control or being controlled and manipulated by others. I also have fear of abandonment. I want to be left alone and I also want others to accept me. The real me.

Is it ASD trouble with (certain types of) abstraction? Part/Whole? Is it ADHD hyperfocus, going down a rabbit hole (sure I "should" not, and desperate to completely map the rabbit hole). Is it social anxiety keeping me from asking for help? Depression having a hard time starting things, taking actions? Is it compulsive behaviors - I MUST to this - I NEED to do this?

Is it me? (or is it memorex?)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 9:41 am

Well...its aspergers that is supposed to be "hyperfocus".

ADHD usually to be called ADD (attention deficit disorder). So its kinda the opposite.

But some folks have them both as comorbids.

Just one little comment.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 10:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Well...its aspergers that is supposed to be "hyperfocus".

ADHD usually to be called ADD (attention deficit disorder). So its kinda the opposite.

But some folks have them both as comorbids.

Just one little comment.

I think people with Asperger's become hyperfocused on things that related to their special interests, but have a very hard time paying attention to things others think are important, like corporate ethics training for example. No contradiction there.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 10:24 am

Thanks, MaxE and naturalplastic.
Sometimes it is hard to make sense of all of this stuff.