Major GOP Donors Are Keeping Away From Donald Trump

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 4:42 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/31/trump-gets-little-support-from-major-republican-donors.html

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 4:48 pm

I’m not sure I trust CNBC not to see what it wants to see on this issue.

Underestimating Trump got him elected in 2016; I won’t do it again.

That said, I hope the donors are staying away from him because he is toxic to our constitution, and are tired of making deals with the devil.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 5:40 pm

Now watch the Dems do something stupid like try to indict him, and rally the party back to their man, lol.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 5:43 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Major GOP Donors Are Keeping Away From Donald Trump.
Excellent.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 6:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Now watch the Dems do something stupid like try to indict him, and rally the party back to their man, lol.

But can they? His fate is in the hands of the justice system, not Congress. Politicians in Washington have limited control, and prosecutors have an evidence standard to meet and grand juries to go through. If he were to be indicted, it will called as political, but will it actually be? If crimes are found, do we have to hope the prosecutors wait so Democrats don’t take the heat? Conundrum, because it wouldn’t surprise me if he’d broken a few laws in his life.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 6:34 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
But can they? His fate is in the hands of the justice system, not Congress.

It seems to be the SDNY that's after him, they might as well be branch of the Democratic Party.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 7:16 pm

Good!
The GOP needs to divorce itself from Trump, if America is going to heal socially. 8)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 7:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
But can they? His fate is in the hands of the justice system, not Congress.

It seems to be the SDNY that's after him, they might as well be branch of the Democratic Party.

I know people feel that way, but an indictment still has to pass through a grand jury, which means some minimum evidence standard will apply.

More complicated is that I also know prosecutors can work hard at getting to crimes for some people that they seem to never look into for others. Although that alone can’t change the reality of any crime found, there is an inherent unfairness to it.

I think it’s been known for decades that Trump has done shady things in NY, but he’s good at playing the game and keeping proof from being left behind, and also at placing incentives for people not to look too hard. I think SDNY has been looking at him literally for decades but in the past had reasons for not digging too hard. Politics may well have moved him from the “pretend it’s fine” column to the “get the evidence” column, but in either situation, if my instinct is right, he was still doing the crimes. It had to catch up eventually.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 7:35 pm

Pepe wrote:

Good!
The GOP needs to divorce itself from Trump, if America is going to heal socially. 8)

I whole heartedly agree with you on this.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 7:39 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think SDNY has been looking at him literally for decades but in the past had reasons for not digging too hard. Politics may well have moved him from the “pretend it’s fine” column to the “get the evidence” column, but in either situation, if my instinct is right, he was still doing the crimes. It had to catch up eventually.

Oh, I don't doubt that he's been involved in all sort of shady business over the years, I just think it's a politically boneheaded move to try and go after him now, rather than let him fade away, persecuting him is just going to make him politically stronger.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 8:08 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Good!

I whole heartedly agree with you on this.

Of course, you do, my dear woman. 8)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 9:26 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I think SDNY has been looking at him literally for decades but in the past had reasons for not digging too hard. Politics may well have moved him from the “pretend it’s fine” column to the “get the evidence” column, but in either situation, if my instinct is right, he was still doing the crimes. It had to catch up eventually.

Oh, I don't doubt that he's been involved in all sort of shady business over the years, I just think it's a politically boneheaded move to try and go after him now, rather than let him fade away, persecuting him is just going to make him politically stronger.

Point.

Nothing with him involved goes by normal rules.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 11:19 pm

Yet, they're openly agreeable to MAGA DeSantis.

Be the hero of your life.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 1:41 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

He's doing a good job at pitching himself as Competent Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 2:04 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

Eek!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 2:39 pm

Pepe wrote:

Good!

If you don't mind me asking, who are some Aussie politicians who are very much like Pumpkin?