Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 12:31 pm

If you work for your family, it’s only fair that they give you your salary and not treat you like a ret*d.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 6:02 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I think i should prolly quit talking about the speciffs of my dating life issues in this thread because I am afraid it went off on a tangent.

I am sure the OP appreciates your effort to get her thread back on track. Maybe a mod could separate the thread; I think a lot of us are genuinely concerned and a bit puzzled by your situation and would like to understand where your parents are coming from in the hopes of helping you exercise your autonomy as an adult better. Feel free to pm me.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:50 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
How do people date now a days?

I dont because my parents wont let me have a online dating account and there's nobody at church for me to date.

Are you working? You should move out to get your privacy, you can do whatever you want.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:56 pm

I meant how people are dating with coronavirus. Are they staying at least 6 feet from each other & wearing masks on dates or what they are doing?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:18 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I meant how people are dating with coronavirus. Are they staying at least 6 feet from each other & wearing masks on dates or what they are doing?

I'm not in the dating population but I have two young adult children.

Early in the pandemic, before the vaccines, people tended to date online, perhaps advance to socially distanced dates, and then jump directly into making a new household. But at this late date in the pandemic, in my observation, once people have gotten to know each other well enough to be certain they want to pursue an exclusive relationship, people will make a "pod" with the person they are dating and in doing so allow themselves to drop precautions around each other. If both people are vaccinated I'm sure an outdoor restaurant date is fine even if you aren't ready to be exclusive.

Some people always ignored precautions all together and just dated. But that isn't the norm in my children's' circles; their friends tend to worry a lot about their aging parents and, so, are really cautious. Still, it can vary quite a lot

What is important is that you and the date be on the same page with how much caution you want to apply. You need to both be comfortable with the choices made.