Page 49 of 50 [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 5:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh well it's just that that was back a long time ago though. I was thinking in recent years Canada bas been like this. American legalized in some states, than Canada got on the bandwagon, etc.

just about all the places in amuuurica where pot is still highly illegal, are in the south. they show no signs of growing up anytime soon, esp. as the pot convicts are often parts of their infamous chain gangs.

Do they coincide with the "Bible Belt"?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 6:06 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh well it's just that that was back a long time ago though. I was thinking in recent years Canada bas been like this. American legalized in some states, than Canada got on the bandwagon, etc.

just about all the places in amuuurica where pot is still highly illegal, are in the south. they show no signs of growing up anytime soon, esp. as the pot convicts are often parts of their infamous chain gangs.

Yes, and the desire to throw black people in jail.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 7:32 am

jim crow by another name- jimmy crow, jr.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 5:00 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Well, you Amerians seem to have a funny slant on Christian compassion. :?

IMO, the heavy religious influence on American culture explains the "curiosity" of the country. :mrgreen:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 8:22 pm

And the way things are going .....Their gonna cruxify me. musical notes implied here

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 9:19 pm

the backworldsmen are killing amuurica.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 1:47 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

The Bible Belt is generally seen as Georgia, the Carolinas, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and Arkansas, so yes.

Some would include Missouri, and there pot is legal with provisions.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 1:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

IMO, the heavy religious influence on American culture explains the "curiosity" of the country. :mrgreen:

Australia was founded as a penal colony. Also your Northern areas are about as religious as the American South (Queensland).

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 1:56 pm

could make you wonder , why So Australia has had all those problems with fires and flooding over the years ... :cry: .......... :mrgreen: .".written tongue in cheek"

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 2:49 pm

Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Australia was founded as a penal colony. Also your Northern areas are about as religious as the American South (Queensland).

You seem to be a little ignorant about Australia.
Let me inform you. 8)

Betta? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 2:52 pm

Medical marijuana is legal in Arkansas.
It’s suppose to go on the ballot for recreational but I doubt it passes.
Meanwhile Oklahoma has gotten so loose with its medical weed it’s now known as Tokelahoma.
Merle Haggard is spinning in his grave.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 1:48 am

Well I posted before if the democrate and republican states will go to civil war since that is what seems to be the path that things may lead to eventually. However, it was pointed out that a war cannot be fault because the states are phyiscally devided like they were in the original civil war.

But that was back then though. Does that matter with today's technology. Or lets it put it this way. If the the democrat and republican states were to go to war eventually, which of the two types of states, as the most extreme long range ballistic missiles and ICBMs? The democrats or the republican states?

Wouldn't that determine who would win a war, rather than having a perfect geographical devide?

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 4:58 am

ironpony wrote:
Well I posted before if the democrate and republican states will go to civil war since that is what seems to be the path that things may lead to eventually. However, it was pointed out that a war cannot be fault because the states are phyiscally devided like they were in the original civil war.

But that was back then though. Does that matter with today's technology. Or lets it put it this way. If the the democrat and republican states were to go to war eventually, which of the two types of states, as the most extreme long range ballistic missiles and ICBMs? The democrats or the republican states?

Wouldn't that determine who would win a war, rather than having a perfect geographical devide?

The US military of today, especially the Army, is structured in a completely different way from the nineteenth century. Back then it was a small standing Army backed in time of war by regiments raised by the several states. This is what mainly allowed the Civil War to happen as it did. These state regiments don't exist anymore. So if there were any American Civil War today it wouldn't be fought by the professional military. You might have something like the Jan 6 rioters, just on a larger scale. Which is why I own guns and if you live in the US you should too.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 12:20 am

But I assume that members of the army would take sides with democrat or republican civilians though, so you would have people from the army with access to military weapons and equipment that would be taking sides that way in the war?

Also, would this whole civil unrest in America be solved if white Americans made arrangements to go back to Europe, Black Americans made arrangements to go back to Africa, and leave the Native Americans and whoever else to keep the land if that's best, since a lot of the unrest seems to be between white and black?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 1:10 am

Iron, man, you just can't shove the genie back into the bottle, you can't unmix the chocolate milk, you can't undo america like that. and nobody knows for sure what will happen if it falls on the military to straighten things out here.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:40 am

ironpony wrote:
But I assume that members of the army would take sides with democrat or republican civilians though, so you would have people from the army with access to military weapons and equipment that would be taking sides that way in the war?

Also, would this whole civil unrest in America be solved if white Americans made arrangements to go back to Europe, Black Americans made arrangements to go back to Africa, and leave the Native Americans and whoever else to keep the land if that's best, since a lot of the unrest seems to be between white and black?

No