Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm

Some of your new laws are stupid.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 5:27 pm

Me too, it sounds like a horrible place with all these shootings that seem to go on every day. Why the f**k do they let just anyone own a gun? What the f**k is that all about?

My mum went to America a couple of times but back then I had no idea about the amount of shootings that go on, and now that I do know, I'm so glad she's decided not to go back.

Also some things over there are the opposite to they are here. Like people think that quiet, expressionless people are dangerous, but in the UK it's the opposite - people trust the quiet people and they think that the more loud, charming, emotionally expressive people are more dangerous. So over here walking around in public keeping yourself to yourself and looking emotionless is actually the done thing, and if you're on your own and express a hint of emotion people stare at you.

And school shootings are so normal over there that they have school shooting drills! In my whole 13 years at school we have never had to do that, all we had were fire drills. Anyway, why do people have to shoot schoolchildren? Absurd country. Glad I live in the UK where more things make sense.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:31 pm

It’s nice where I live, it’s a quiet remote rural area.Most people keep to themselves and mind their own business.
Most have very good manners and are generous with whatever’s in the garden.
The only downside is there’s a meth problem and sometimes the town is crowded with tourists.
Only one homicide this year.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:46 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It’s nice where I live, it’s a quiet remote rural area.Most people keep to themselves and mind their own business.
The only downside is there’s a meth problem and sometimes the town is crowded with tourists.

Sounds exactly like where I live, except we dont really have much of a tourist problem. But it's very rural and you never hear about a lot of murders or school shootings in my town. There is however a heavy problem with drugs like meth and homelessness has increased a lot. I've seen a lot more homeless people in my town now than I did 10 years ago....

♤ The Military

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2021, 6:48 pm

Now you guys know why I want to get out of my country! Why else would I take up to learning several different languages!

Jib's Medium

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:52 pm

I would like to leave because its painfully obvious that things are going downhill fast here in the US. But where exactly would I go? I have zero job skills, no passport or income of my own, and I dont even know how to drive a vehicle.

So when the SHTF I'm pretty much going to be stuck here. But oh well, better me than you guys, right? :skull:

♤ The Military

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2021, 7:03 pm

I'm thankful to have a passport, but I haven't used it yet. I would rather have a visa, though. I don't have any driving skills either, but I am learning to become financially independent. The key to survival is confidence, and I believe in myself more every day.

Jib's Medium

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:10 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I would like to leave because its painfully obvious that things are going downhill fast here in the US. But where exactly would I go? I have zero job skills, no passport or income of my own, and I dont even know how to drive a vehicle.

So when the SHTF I'm pretty much going to be stuck here. But oh well, better me than you guys, right? :skull:

Come to the UK. You don't need job skills or even any money and you'll get free health care and be given a council house. All you will need is a passport.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Come to the UK. You don't need job skills or even any money and you'll get free health care and be given a council house. All you will need is a passport.

My grandfather was born in Devon, maybe I can get dual citizenship.That would be cool.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:20 pm

Joe90 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Another thing I have considered is fleeing to Mexico. I've seen videos on YouTube of Americans who moved to Mexico to escape Trump's BS and all they talk about is how much they love it there and that it's really not as horrible a country as the American media makes it out to be. They do have problems with drugs and crime in some areas, but is that really any different from the US? Mexico has some truly beautiful places and the locals seem genuinely friendly and hospitable compared to the collective narcissists who are rampant in my country. I saw that they even invite strangers into their home to eat during certain festivals.

Of course the only problem is that I do not know any Spanish and it would cost money that I dont have to obtain permission to live there. :(

♤ The Military

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:21 pm

I am also glad that I don't live in America.

School shooter drills seem disturbing and dystopian. The prices of hospital care are shocking. Particularly the idea of people paying for the privilege of giving birth in a hospital. The Westboro Baptist Church is beyond vile. I've also heard of certain businesses not giving paid maternity leave to employees, is this true? 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:22 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Sounds exactly like where I live, except we dont really have much of a tourist problem. But it's very rural and you never hear about a lot of murders or school shootings in my town. There is however a heavy problem with drugs like meth and homelessness has increased a lot. I've seen a lot more homeless people in my town now than I did 10 years ago....

We don’t have any homeless that I’ve ever seen but our county seat is really small.Not one traffic light.
If it wasn’t for drug related crime the deputies would be chasing loose cows or rescuing lost tourists.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 7:26 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Another thing I have considered is fleeing to Mexico. I've seen videos on YouTube of Americans who moved to Mexico to escape Trump's BS and all they talk about is how much they love it there and that it's really not as horrible a country as the American media makes it out to be. They do have problems with drugs and crime in some areas, but is that really any different from the US? Mexico has some truly beautiful places and the locals seem genuinely friendly and hospitable compared to the collective narcissists who are rampant in my country. I saw that they even invite strangers into their home to eat during certain festivals.

Of course the only problem is that I do not know any Spanish and it would cost money that I dont have to obtain permission to live there. :(

Puerto Vallarta, my daughter goes there often and loves it.It’s cheap and everyone is friendly and it’s beautiful.
The worst thing that happened to her there was her phone was stolen once.
The only place she has been violently attacked was Austin, Texas where she was mugged at knifepoint.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 9:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Puerto Vallarta, my daughter goes there often and loves it.It’s cheap and everyone is friendly and it’s beautiful.
The worst thing that happened to her there was her phone was stolen once.
The only place she has been violently attacked was Austin, Texas where she was mugged at knifepoint.

I can honestly say I've never been mugged or robbed. Not even when I lived in Pensacola for 10 years, which is the Murder Capital of Florida. Although I did have somebody break into my house while I was home my myself and my mom was 200 miles away in Georgia. I was never more terrified in my life and hid in my bedroom the entire time because I didn't know what to do. :(

♤ The Military

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 2:45 am

Sometimes I wonder why some of my families and friends would want to stay there.

... Other than the blatant financial opportunities and access, and the mass subconscious colonial mentality.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 2:51 am

I want to get out of America.

Preferably Sweden:

Great urban development

Most tolerant country in the world (half the Bible and most of the Quran are considered hate speech)

Sexually liberated (you'll never hear "I refuse to have sex until I'm married" or "No, I will not do that! It's sodomy and it's evil!")

You can buy alcohol at 7:00am on a Sunday if you want

No bullying or cyberbullying (because of the hate speech laws, and because less than 10% of Swedes are religious)

Abortion is available completely on demand

Cops treat people like human beings, and drugs are legal, so the prison population is entirely white.

Voting is compulsory and unrestricted. If you want to vote by mail at 2:00am, you can.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!