Page 19 of 50 [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 50  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 3:17 pm

ironpony wrote:
Are the gun laws really the problem with gun violence in the US? There are other countries, where people can own guns like mine, and there doesn't seem to be near as much gun violence. However, in the US, there seems to be a lot more drama in the culture, especially political drama.

So are gun laws really the problem or is it more of a 'guns don't kill people, people with drama kill people' problem, and it's the drama that needs to be reformed and not the gun laws?

Pretty much, the US just has a violent culture, you can take out all of the gun murders, and what's left is still a higher per capita murder rate than many European countries, and IIRC 3X the rate of Japan.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:47 pm

Oh okay but what is causing that culture then compared to other places?

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm

I'm waiting for this planned right wing riot that is supposedly about to happen around the Capitol (again) around September 18th.

I can picture it all in my head now.

Right Wingers foaming at the mouth while screaming: "DONALD TRUMP WAS CHOSEN BY f*****g GOD!! !! !!"

Left Wingers foaming at the mouth while screaming: "RACIST! YOU ARE ALL f*****g RACIST!! !!

And then They start viciously tearing each other apart and going for the jugular veins with their bare teeth as they beat each other to bloody death with Confederate flags and Pride flags.

♤ The Military

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:20 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I'm waiting for this planned right wing riot that is supposedly about to happen around the Capitol (again) around September 18th.

Right Wingers foaming at the mouth while screaming: "DONALD TRUMP WAS CHOSEN BY f*****g GOD!! ! ! ! !"

Left Wingers foaming at the mouth while screaming: "RACIST! YOU ARE ALL f*****g RACIST!! ! !

And then They start viciously tearing each other apart and going for the jugular veins with their bare teeth as they beat each other to bloody death with Confederate flags and Pride flags.

Oh I hope so. I hope for a tornado of people tearing each other to bloody shreds of bleeding meat. May all the demons in perdition rise up to tear them limb from limb and rip them bodily in twain and pour out their bleeding entrails as a sacrificial libation to Hells grim tyrant. :skull:

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:29 pm

Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Right Wingers foaming at the mouth while screaming: "DONALD TRUMP WAS CHOSEN BY f*****g GOD!! ! ! ! !"

Left Wingers foaming at the mouth while screaming: "RACIST! YOU ARE ALL f*****g RACIST!! ! !

Oh I hope so. I hope for a tornado of people tearing each other to bloody shreds of bleeding meat. May all the demons in perdition rise up to tear them limb from limb and rip them bodily in twain and pour out their bleeding entrails as a sacrificial libation to Hells grim tyrant. :skull:

I'm not really hoping for it. I'm just saying I give up on Americans because they seem determined to kill each other and are choosing not to be rational or civil anymore.

♤ The Military

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:33 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

I'm not really hoping for it. I'm just saying I give up on Americans because they seem determined to kill each other and are choosing not to be rational or civil anymore.

We need to bring back blood sport. Can you imagine the ratings on a show called Gladiatorial Nun Fights?

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:43 pm

Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

We need to bring back blood sport. Can you imagine the ratings on a show called Gladiatorial Nun Fights?

I think Americans were so angry about the way Game of Thrones ended that they decided to create their own game of thrones-type political drama.

Now see? This is what happens whenever Americans run out of good things to watch on TV together. In order to keep Americans from self-destructing we gotta find them a new opiod they can agree on!

"Give the people bread and circuses and they'll never revolt!"

-

♤ The Military

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:55 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

I think Americans were so angry about the way Game of Thrones ended that they decided to create their own game of thrones-type political drama.

Now see? This is what happens whenever Americans run out of good things to watch on TV together. In order to keep Americans from self-destructing we gotta find them a new opiod they can agree on!

-

I didn't think the ending of GOT was that bad, and the series is certainly worth rewatching. It's in my holy trinity of fantasy along with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:01 pm

Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

-

I didn't think the ending of GOT was that bad, and the series is certainly worth rewatching. It's in my holy trinity of fantasy along with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Bread and Circuses my man! Or in our case snacks and TV. It's the ONLY thing that truly keeps Americans from another violent civil war at the moment.

The Romans knew this too but it only served to delay the inevitable. :P

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:13 am

Pepe wrote:
It isn't a case of the rich getting special privileges, surely. 8)

any upper middle or upper class person seldom has to pay for their own health care as cadillac plans [full ride, no premiums or copays or anything] are a standard job perk. it is only us working class types and lower middle class types that have to actually pay for health care with our own money.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:31 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay but what is causing that culture then compared to other places?

Well, that's a very complicated situation, we imported a fantastically violent honor culture in the form of the Border people from Scotland and Ireland that lives on both in rural whites and urban blacks, along with a violent aristocratic tradition that came over with the Cavaliers in the South, we're a large, ethnically and religiously heterodox country, which creates more friction, we have both great wealth and crushing poverty in close proximity to one another with few social safety nets, adding desperation to the mix, and we're in a sort of flux where a lot of people feel that their lives have no meaning. Untreated mental illness and the crisis of meaning creates the spree killings, poverty and desperation drive more crime, but I think honor culture is the real sleeper issue behind a lot of the murders, when you look at urban gang killings, many of them are more about beefs and respect than about turf or money, with retaliatory killings further spiking the crime rate and driving the cycle.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:

any upper middle or upper class person seldom has to pay for their own health care as cadillac plans [full ride, no premiums or copays or anything] are a standard job perk. it is only us working class types and lower middle class types that have to actually pay for health care with our own money.

I see.
Your health system seems worse and worse the more I hear about it. 8O

BTW, The Labour party over here tried a health scare campaign using the American model, saying the conservatives were heading in the same direction.
Complete BS. :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:31 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I see.
Your health system seems worse and worse the more I hear about it. 8O

BTW, The Labour party over here tried a health scare campaign using the American model, saying the conservatives were heading in the same direction.
Complete BS. :mrgreen:

if our dominionists team up with your dominionists, watch out.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 9:29 am

Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

I miss American Gladiators.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 11:18 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

I miss American Gladiators.

Oh yeah fights with nerf staves and tennis ball grenades.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:47 pm

So if you were a government entity and wanted to source out potential future extremist . You might organize a big group of individuals of supporters of a earlier uprising . And have them gather together in a space where you could record them . For future tracking possibly ?

where ever you go ,there you are