I found something interesting about the covid vaccine

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Deep Heat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2021, 4:32 am

I see what your saying Kraichgauer. Chantix isn't the covid vaccine. But if you went to a food restaurant and got food poisoning would you trust the restaurant again to provide you with a meal again? I personally wouldn't. Can you see why people think governments, food and pharmaceutical companies value money more than people. Or do you believe all of these concerns to be fake news and irrelevant to public health concerns.

I agree that their is a need for a percentage if vulnerable people at risk, who will benefit from the vaccine. But I don't like how the mainstream media seem to be demonising people who don't trust pharmaceutical and government agencies as if their absolute morons and idiots. For me personally its a trust and safety issue instead of a pro vs anti vax.

The FDA stated that they have followed standard procedure regarding health and safety. Could you see how people may be wary of hidden conflicts when so much money has changed hand between the two organisations in the past? This seems to be a reputable source is it not?
https://www.science.org/news/2018/07/hi ... rk-ethical

Do you find it concerning that the biopharmaceutical industry provides 75% of the FDA's Drug Review Budget?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnlamatt ... 7e36949ec8

Pfizer don't have a good track record with lawsuits either which could diminish peoples trust? Will there be lawsuits over the Chantix drug? I had a quick look and there already has. Not before they made 1.1 billion in revenue first.

'' Pfizer has faced thousands of lawsuits filed for medical injuries caused by some of its most popular drugs. It has also set a record for the largest fine paid for a health care fraud lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice. Pfizer paid $2.3 billion in fines, penalties, and settlement for illegal marketing claims.

Some of the Pfizer lawsuits have been dismissed, others have been settled, and still others remain in court systems. Some of the most notable lawsuits have included:

Chantix
Pfizer faced about 3,000 Chantix lawsuits filed by people who claimed they experienced suicidal thoughts and psychiatric disorders after using Chantix for smoking cessation. Pfizer set aside about $288 million and at least some of the cases were settled.

Prempro
Nearly 10,000 Prempro lawsuits were filed by women who had been diagnosed with breast cancer. The lawsuits were largely settled by 2012 for about $1 billion.

Zoloft
About 250 Zoloft lawsuits were filed, claiming Pfizer actively promoted the use of Zoloft to pregnant women despite knowledge of birth defect risks from their research. These cases were largely dismissed in 2016 when a judge concluded that there was not enough evidence to prove a link between birth defects and Zoloft use.

Effexor
Effexor was a medication originally produced by Wyeth which has also been the cause of multiple lawsuits. People who filed Effexor lawsuits claimed that it caused birth defects, and separately, suicidal thoughts and behaviors. In September 2015, Effexor lawsuits were dismissed but may have been eligible to refile.''

source:
https://www.drugdangers.com/manufacturers/pfizer/

What about the opioid epidemic that the pharmaceutical industry has been found guilty of contributing to for profit at the expense of human health and well being?
Drug Companies’ Liability for the Opioid Epidemic
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7479783/

Why is the food industry not stopped by the government for marketing foods that are detrimental to human health. Cigarettes are no longer allowed to be advertised but alcohol and processed food which cause huge amounts of suffering to millions is left alone unchecked? Is it because they don't care? Or is profit more important.

``Big food”—agribusiness, manufacturers, restaurants, and marketers—is making America sick. The industry produces and aggressively markets foods laden with sugar, salt, saturated fat, and calories. It obfuscates nutritional information to confuse consumers, targeting young people and minorities in particular.

Source:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5020160/
“Big Food” Is Making America Sick

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 5:45 am

^^^
Regardless, my family and I all got the Pfizer vaccination, and none of us have had any problems.
Trust me, I grew up in a union household, and so I'm hardly a fan of big business. That said, while Pfizer has had misses in the past, they've also had hits. I have no reason to doubt that the vaccine works.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 6:04 am

There is no doubt about the ethics or lack thereof in the pharmaceutical industry.

But that does not detract from the data showing the benefits of many medications that help people live longer with a higher quality of life.

Right this minute the risk of covid infection is higher and more deadly than taking the vaccine. Statistics. It’s that simple.

Deep Heat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2021, 8:51 am

I personally just don't trust big pharma or big food, and don't want a thing to do with it. I believe vaccines and medications have their place. I just wish the trillions, spent on synthetic drugs and food, would go into soil regeneration, so everyone has access to high quality food, so we naturally have healthy immune systems and bodies.

I just can't get my head around the fact that we've ruined the soil, water and air. And the solution to synthetic foods, which leads to many of our modern diseases is then treated with synthetic drugs instead of addressing the root cause.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 11:24 am

I agree with you, deep heat. It has been shattering to realize the extent of the damage. In the US it has taken us just 200 years to destroy a paradise. But that is a different topic. :D

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 6:58 pm

I guess the truth here is that current vaccines are not good at preventing COVID Delta infection, and natural immunity (COVID anti-bodies) are superior to vaccines.

This begs the question of whether a vaccine is beneficial, if one has natural immunity?

Be the hero of your life.

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 04 Sep 2021, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 7:02 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I guess the truth here is that current vaccines are not good at preventing COVID Delta infection, and natural immunity (COVID anti-bodies) are superior to vaccines.

This begs the question of whether a vaccine is beneficial, if one has natural immunity?

I have yet to regret getting the vaccine. Hoping one has natural immunity doesn't add up to a solution when a vaccine is available.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Everything I’ve read indicates you still need the vaccine even if you’ve had COVID-19. One point to remember is the natural immunity doesn’t last very long; COVID-19 has not been a one and done illness, and all the antibodies are often gone within 6 months. The protection from the vaccine lasts longer and covers more variants.

The warning about breakthrough infections is more to remind the vaccinated not to get cocky. But vaccines are still amazingly effective. Compare the patients hospitalized that are vaccinated to those who aren’t. Most people are vaccinated but some 90% plus of those hospitalized are not.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 7:20 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Studies so far indicate that “natural” covid antibodies are Not superior protection from the vaccines. Even people who have had covid are encouraged to get vaccinated.

The vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness from the delta variant.

DW, our posts crossed in the interspace.