(Sims 4) I still don't get why the newborns are useless now

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 1:59 pm

The main thing that confuses and somewhat irritates me about the Sims 4 is that the newborns don't do anything anymore, they just stay in the crib 24/7 and you can only do a few interactions with them. It's super odd that you essentially have to leave them in a room for the few days until they age up, and that they aren't really a part of the family until they're toddlers.

I have heard that they might update the game and make it so newborns are actual Sims instead of objects now, which would be cool, but I feel like they should have been like that in the first place. I miss having my Sims carry them around and actually interact with them.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 2:29 pm

The most annoying thing about the newborns in "The Sims 4" is their loud crying - this sound seems to drill a painful hole in my brain whenever I hear it :? I age them up as soon as possible; the toddlers are much funnier to deal with :D Even if you have to feed them so often because otherwise said starving toddler will be taken away from you and I always get so attached to my Sims :D I have now one female toddler in my Sim family - her name is Amelana. It's a name stolen by me from "Earth's Children" by Jean Auel.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2022, 1:21 pm

As newborns are more or less useless in real life. They are either in their crib, on a blanket, in a baby swing or walking in a pram. Until they age a bit imo they aren't really fun. Easy to look after though.

I'm not the biggest fan of toddler phase either unless they have the independence trait. Children though and older much more fun

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 10:51 pm

amykitten wrote:
As newborns are more or less useless in real life. They are either in their crib, on a blanket, in a baby swing or walking in a pram. Until they age a bit imo they aren't really fun. Easy to look after though.

I'm not the biggest fan of toddler phase either unless they have the independence trait. Children though and older much more fun

Yeah, but going directly to a phase where they walk around on their own and do things you don't expect is a bit of a curveball too. Going through phases makes you better prepared for the next thing.