Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2021, 11:08 pm

I moved recently and arrived in a new destination today. I feel disoriented and sad. I cant sleep.

My grandparents are happy to see me. I just dont feel right. I feel like a burden because of my mental illness and Autism. I keep pacing and rocking. I also keep talking about angels which is adding stress. I can tell.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 11:11 pm

It takes awhile to settle in. That's normal and everyone involved understands it's disruptive for everyone else involved.

*hugs*

Give it awhile, you'll be okay.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2021, 11:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It takes awhile to settle in. That's normal and everyone involved understands it's disruptive for everyone else involved.

*hugs*

Yeah. Its stressful. I hope I settle in. I'm going to see a new psychiatrist too. I just feel bad because I feel like I'm disrupting their routines. I feel like I'm needy. I also almost got kicked out of a store today because I was acting strange. I was with my younger cousins. I feel really embarrassed. Thank you for the hug.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 11:34 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

*hugs*

Yeah. Its stressful. I hope I settle in. I'm going to see a new psychiatrist too. I just feel bad because I feel like I'm disrupting their routines. I feel like I'm needy. I also almost got kicked out of a store today because I was acting strange. I was with my younger cousins. I feel really embarrassed. Thank you for the hug.

You're welcome. I figure the disruption makes you feel isolated and I know having some stuff not change helps.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2021, 11:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

*hugs*

You're welcome. I figure the disruption makes you feel isolated and I know having some stuff not change helps.

Yeah I feel very isolated. I'm taking my meds though. I might get them increased or changed. I just told someone I trust that I have visions of Angels and all they said was Wow. I dont know how to feel. Its adding to my isolation.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 11:56 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

*hugs*

Yeah I feel very isolated. I'm taking my meds though. I might get them increased or changed. I just told someone I trust that I have visions of Angels and all they said was Wow. I dont know how to feel. Its adding to my isolation.

People sometimes struggle with how to appropriately respond to stuff that's outside of what they can understand.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2021, 11:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

*hugs*

People sometimes struggle with how to appropriately respond to stuff that's outside of what they can understand.

Yeah, that makes sense. Some people laugh. It hurts though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 12:03 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
Yeah, that makes sense. Some people laugh. It hurts though.

I know. It hurts when people respond inappropriately, a lot of people are very poorly equipped to understand and show compassion on a lot of things. Sometimes they're cruel, sometimes they're just immature. It doesn't excuse it but it helps understand and can help detach how you feel about it from how it emotionally impacts you.

In general I find when I feel like oh, you're sorta f****d up over people's cruelty it kinda takes the sting out of it because I feel bad for them and someone I pity can't hurt me easily.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 7:42 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
I moved recently and arrived in a new destination today. I feel disoriented and sad. I cant sleep.

My grandparents are happy to see me. I just dont feel right. I feel like a burden because of my mental illness and Autism. I keep pacing and rocking. I also keep talking about angels which is adding stress. I can tell.

*gentle hugs* I think your current state is a perfectly normal response to this huge change. I know things must feel awful right now, but you are doing wonderfully. We are all here if you need to vent or anything <3

I'm currently in the middle of trying to sell my current place (and then will likely be moving across country). I've moved several times throughout my adult life, and it is ALWAYS so hard. You will have comfort again, I promise <3 You just need to find it again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 7:44 am

As long as you help with the dishes or something, or cook something, or keep your room clean, I bet your grandparents will accept you.