It is embarrassing to cough or sneeze in public these days

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2021, 10:09 am

Because the rule now for people is that if someone is coughing or sneezing assume that they have COVID and try to get far away from them as fast as you can.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 10:51 am

Agree coughing or sneezing is a normal body response and usually does not mean a person has a contagious disease yet it is distressing to know you are scaring the s**t of people around you.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 10:53 am

I have bronchitis and get dirty looks every time I go into Walmart coughing.

♤ The Military

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 1:21 pm

Just caught my first post covid cold a week or so ago - but since Im slumming it with the hobolos, no issues,, so far..

It was a mild cold, but the phlegm is hanging around for a long time.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 4:37 pm

I get terrible hay fever and this summer has been the most toughest one by far in terms of this. The amount of people had given me weird stares because of it.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 7:50 pm

Coronaphobia is real. It’s been on for over 18 months now. Big stats, little real-life people affected and millions of followers. Quite sad actually. Media and politics, in for the kill.

professorkiki33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2021, 3:57 pm

Good, get away from me. Lol. :) But seriously, the sheep aren't worth the insecurity.

Follow me on Instagram for spiritual digital art stuff: https://www.instagram.com/kikicosmicguide/

Check out my Coloring Book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0989VKSBY

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 1:42 am

I suffer with hay fever all year round so I might sneeze or sniff sometimes (although I can hold sneezes back). But I wear a mask in public anyway so people can feel a little more at ease around me. My boyfriend has COPD and often coughs, and I get embarrassed because people might think it's covid, but then again his cough is an obvious smokers cough.

But people are always going to cough in public because you can't hold coughs in like you normally can with farts, burps and sneezes.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 6:49 am

Embarrassing, suspicious or even hostile I can take it.

What I really cannot stand is the clog, the itch, the urge to sneeze, the damn headaches from that and the damn struggle to breathe comfortably at all.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:23 am

Embarrassing isn't the word I'd use, but it sure feels more uncomfortable these days. I don't really pay any mind to it if someone sneezes/coughs once, but if they do it repeatedly, I try to move away from them if I can. I also try to sit as far as I can from people without a mask when using a bus. Personally I consider these healthy precautions, especially since I'm in a risk group.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

Sorry to say this----but it is inevitable that people will cough or sneeze. And it's extremely rare that it's caused by COVID.

As long as you cover your mouth when you sneeze and cough, and have a tissue on hand, I think it's all right. We mustn't go crazy over this COVID crap.

I'd be a bit worried if the cough was persistent. I haven't seen a persistent cough in a long time.