Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 7:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Karen’s male equivalent is Ken.

No wonder Barbie is getting marriage counselling from Mattel's marriage counsellor Becky :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 9:39 am

I saw the film. The trailer is not misleading what you have is an apparent horror movie trope of evil next door neighbor who escalates. Her racism and “ripped from the headlines” situations are so over the top as to be unintentionally funny.

Apparent is the word here, it appears the director was trying to be serious.

The actress who plays “Karen” Taryn Manning(Orange is the New Black) is despite being all ally in interviews is a Q’Anon Trump sympathizer. For authenticity I guess. This has been done before notably Spike Lee casting Danny Aiello for ‘Do The Right Thing’ because of Aiello’s conservative politics. It feels kind of insulting to Lee and Aiello to compare Manning’s performance with Aiello’s Oscar nominated one but that is the one that comes to mind.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

06 Sep 2021, 11:54 am

Reminds me of this Karen school teacher in Farmer's Market. She started a whole lot of drama and kept showing off her teacher job, complaining the farmers dont give bill papers after the sales but its not even that it ever happens. She landed from another galaxy and was pissed off, lol. I fear the classes she teaches.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.