Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

I am an individual, not a statistic.

It’s ridiculous, say, to base your dating choices upon statistics. It’s rather like basing your dating choices on the horoscope for the day.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think the labour statistics for employment of people on the spectrum is not reliable for multiple reasons.

You need to work on your own "game" and not worry about Tom and Dick and Harry.

how should i work on my chances?I just wish i could make a good entry level middle class wage at 31 but I cant even get a job working fast food.

Most graduates (including NTs) have to start working in non-graduate positions. That's a fact of life. Please don't think you are special because employers don't respect your paper qualifications.

Start working wherever you can get work and not worry what other people think. You are responsible for your own independence not your mother or people who know you. You have the motivation already, ignore perceived judgement (in reality other people don't care) and focus on yourself and what you can do.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I am an individual, not a statistic.

It’s ridiculous, say, to base your dating choices upon statistics. It’s rather like basing your dating choices on the horoscope for the day.

There is nothing wrong to look at the numbers. It's called triangulation. Nobody goes into anything blind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:32 pm

I look at a woman’s eyes, not on whether she being an “8” will preclude me, a “5” or so, from dating her.

If I dig a woman who is 5 foot 8, I don’t look at the statistics for 5 foot 5 men dating women 5 foot 8.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I look at a woman’s eyes, not on whether she being an “8” will preclude me, a “5” or so, from dating her.

If I dig a woman who is 5 foot 8, I don’t look at the statistics for 5 foot 5 men dating women 5 foot 8.

You are talking about women....I'm talking about jobs :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think the labour statistics for employment of people on the spectrum is not reliable for multiple reasons.

how should i work on my chances?I just wish i could make a good entry level middle class wage at 31 but I cant even get a job working fast food.

Most graduates (including NTs) have to start working in non-graduate positions. That's a fact of life. Please don't think you are special because employers don't respect your paper qualifications.

Start working wherever you can get work and not worry what other people think. You are responsible for your own independence not your mother or people who know you. You have the motivation already, ignore perceived judgement (in reality other people don't care) and focus on yourself and what you can do.

Okay I am trying to get a McJob so i can at least get some experience and i am working some paid internships.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:48 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Okay I am trying to get a McJob so i can at least get some experience and i am working some paid internships.

Mcjob > no job

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:51 pm

Yep. That’s true.

There’s no shame in working a McJob.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:57 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Thats good, also, have you tried any temp angencies?

Some of them have more than just construction labour. Not sure about the ones near you of course.

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I have to have accomadations and job coaching and no oil company will hire me.

what accomadations do you have to have? Have you considered and oil and gas related trade like HD Mechanic?

Last edited by The_Znof on 06 Sep 2021, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 7:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

screw you then lol. :jester:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 8:13 pm

The_Znof wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

screw you then lol. :jester:

Yeah where are my priorities :lol:

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Thats good, also, have you tried any temp angencies?

Some of them have more than just construction labour. Not sure about the ones near you of course.

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I have to have accomadations and job coaching and no oil company will hire me.

what accomadations do you have to have? Have you considered and oil and gas related trade like HD Mechanic?

well i was told by my state job affiliated people that i dont have a chance at working a blue collar job or trade and its legally okay to discriminate against me for oil companies.And that legally they are free to not hire me if i want to work on a drilling rig or be a landman or even work for a oil company at all because of my disablity.Its tricky because the oil companies are the only shot at me making a living wage locally.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 2:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. That’s true.

There is no shame in making a living, but having McJob on the record in your 30s after getting a college degree followed by 5 years of unemployment might lower your chances of ever getting a job you want.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 3:08 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Like I said, you should take employers perspective into account. If you are on the spectrum and it is obvious, have a college degree, in your 30s then you have a better chance at getting a different job. If you are applying for some McJob position normally occupied by very young school drop-outs as "in-between" gig, you don't match the pattern, and your condition is a huge liability because you would need to get along with a lot of people, young coworkers with various backgrounds, customers. You have no chances to get this job.

This is magnitudes of order less of an issue in positions like data entry, they don't give a s**t about your condition if your job is filling forms in a cubicle on your own. Take these factors into consideration.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 3:29 am

badRobot wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. That’s true.

There is no shame in making a living, but having McJob on the record in your 30s after getting a college degree followed by 5 years of unemployment might lower your chances of ever getting a job you want.

The OP did say he was doing internships so that's not going to be an issue for him.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 3:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
badRobot wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. That’s true.

The OP did say he was doing internships so that's not going to be an issue for him.

well in all honesty its internships for my dad and we dont have any workers so i dont know if the inernships would carry as much weight with a office employer that requires 5 years worth of experience.