Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 5:55 pm

Ok I am trying to get an avatar pic for the WP forum. :(

Do I have an avatar pic !? Ami the only one who can't see it ?

Tried updating it heaps.. I'm at a loss. Helps me.

Dani.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 6:43 pm

It's bloody hard getting an avatar or posting pictures here. I had to get other members to help me do mine. Hopefully someone will help you do your's too.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 6:51 pm

Are you clicking "Edit avatar" instead of "Edit profile", and then uploading an avatar that is at max 130x160 pixels?

Blueberry_Muffin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2021, 6:54 pm

I don't think your avatar can be any larger than 130x130 pixels. The reason why I have mine is because its adorable. :oops:

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 7:13 pm

Blueberry_Muffin wrote:
I don't think your avatar can be any larger than 130x130 pixels. The reason why I have mine is because its adorable. :oops:

Adorable, yes.

K I might be able to download a resizing app and try that. :P

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 9:46 pm

Hmm......according to Edit Profile (in my account):
Maximum upload file size: 2048KB.
Allowed Files: jpg jpeg png gif
Maybe the file size and the number of pixels people have suggested amount to the same thing? I agree any picture editor should be able to downsample a picture to the required size. Even Microsoft's "Paint" looks able to do that - if you can find Properties in the menu you can set the pixel width and height from there. Microsoft Office Picture Manager looks like it could also do the job, using Picture > Resize. Don't know if the modern versions of those programs have the resizing feature in the same part of the menu though.

Posting pictures on a thread is something I've never done. It looks like it should just be a matter of clicking Insert Image (the rightmost icon) from the icons at the top of the message box, then inserting a valid URL for the picture you want. I do know that it won't work if you just enter the path to an image file on your computer, so I suppose if your picture wasn't already on a website somewhere, you'd have to upload it to one, for example:

https://postimages.org/

Personally I'd prefer it if that wasn't necessary and WP would accept local images, but I suppose they might use up a lot of WP's storage space, so maybe it's better as it is.