There is something wrong with "workers mentality"

Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 5:08 am

Today, the Danish government published it's ambitions of new reforms: To have more people working, and those already working should be working more.

I think there is something inherently wrong with this sort of mentality and society in general. I'm well aware that the unemployment is low and that the industries needs more workers. But so what?

Why should we humans be slaves? What would happen, if everybody were entitled to $2000/month - unconditionally (no work required) provided they don't earn money? Society would be poorer. But so what?

What's the point of working till your death, if you're not happy with life? If all you life is about work and you don't have the freedom to decide what you would do in your life - what's the point of living?

I'd rather commit suicide than be a slave.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 6:31 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Today, the Danish government published it's ambitions of new reforms: To have more people working, and those already working should be working more.

I think there is something inherently wrong with this sort of mentality and society in general. I'm well aware that the unemployment is low and that the industries needs more workers. But so what?

Why should we humans be slaves? What would happen, if everybody were entitled to $2000/month - unconditionally (no work required) provided they don't earn money? Society would be poorer. But so what?

What's the point of working till your death, if you're not happy with life? If all you life is about work and you don't have the freedom to decide what you would do in your life - what's the point of living?

Money can't just materialise out of thin air. At the same time the people on work can't be expected to work longer to pay for those who refuse.

Last edited by Nades on 07 Sep 2021, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Sep 2021, 6:41 am

People need to work because things need to be done.
Money is worth only as much as one can buy for it - if no one worked but everyone got money, this money would be perfectly worthless.

Where is the point of healthy balance between need for having things done and risk of wage slavery? With machines and automation, I believe this point of balance should move towards less wage work and more social contribution - but not to the extreme.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 7:47 am

Nades wrote:
Money can't just materialise out of thin air.

It actually can be done as a fiat (non-backed) currency on pieces of paper. A government entity can print or coin as much as they have supplies for theoretically, but that is not a wise move. The catch is that it would become worthless to anyone using it.

See Post WWI Germany notgeld currency as an example. It took wheel barrel loads of it to buy a loaf of bread. It was worth more as a heat source or toilet paper then it was in actual money. They suffered critical bouts of inflation at the time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

Hmm ... there does seem to be a strong correlation between suicide and unemployment...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:31 am

Fnord wrote:

Hmm ... there does seem to be a strong correlation between suicide and unemployment...

The fear of employment. Ironic considering a lot of people who advocate free money for no work seem to hold very strong beliefs that working is oppressive yet their principals are soon lost when they realise others have to work (become oppressed) to provide these people with free money.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:43 am

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

The fear of employment. Ironic considering a lot of people who advocate free money for no work seem to hold very strong beliefs that working is oppressive yet their principals are soon lost when they realise others have to work (become oppressed) to provide these people with free money.

If employers need work done, increasing the wages has traditionally been a good incentive for those doing the work.

Why should unemployed people be forced to work, in order for the employers to keep wages low?
Increase the wages - then work will be done.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:46 am

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Today, the Danish government published it's ambitions of new reforms: To have more people working, and those already working should be working more. I think there is something inherently wrong with this sort of mentality and society in general. I'm well aware that the unemployment is low and that the industries needs more workers. But so what? Why should we humans be slaves? What would happen, if everybody were entitled to $2000/month - unconditionally (no work required) provided they don't earn money? Society would be poorer. But so what? What's the point of working till your death, if you're not happy with life? If all you life is about work and you don't have the freedom to decide what you would do in your life - what's the point of living? I'd rather commit suicide than be a slave.
If employers need work done, increasing the wages has traditionally been a good incentive for those doing the work.
Hiring people who are willing to work longer hours for less pay is also an effective business model.  Those people are called "Wingnuts", by they way -- easily installed, easily replaced, and indistinguishable from each other.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:49 am

Fnord wrote:
Hiring people who are willing to work longer hours for less pay is also an effective business model.  Those people are called "Wingnuts", by they way -- easily installed, easily replaced, and indistinguishable from each other.[/color]

There's another word for the above description: Slavery.

I say: Abolish slavery.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:51 am

Americans tried to abolish slavery during the American Civil War but then they replaced it with abusing cheap labor in third world countries.

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:54 am

Fnord wrote:
Hiring people who are willing to work longer hours for less pay is also an effective business model.  Those people are called "Wingnuts", by they way -- easily installed, easily replaced, and indistinguishable from each other.[/color]
There's another word for it than "wingnuts": Slaves. I say: Abolish slavery.
Slaves are not paid any wages, are considered property, and are forced to work by their "owners".

Employees are paid wages, are considered dispensable, and are forced to work by their own needs and ambitions.

Equating employment with slavery is erroneous; and stating that equivocation is incitement.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:56 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Americans tried to abolish slavery during the American Civil War but then they replaced it with abusing cheap labor in third world countries.

People should rise up against all types of forced labor: Conscription, work-duty, wage-slavery/cheap labor.

The Means of Production should be seized by the Common People and the former employers should be tried by The People's Revolutionary Tribunal.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:58 am

King0fSpades wrote:

People should rise up against all types of forced labor: Conscription, work-duty, wage-slavery/cheap labor.

The Means of Production should be seized by the Common People and the former employers should be tried by The People's Revolutionary Tribunal.

Communism has failed pretty badly in all countries that tried it. Are you against working full stop by any chance or only for unskilled, low paid jobs?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Sep 2021, 8:58 am

You know that communist revolution has already happened and it didn't go as expected by its proponents?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:00 am

King0fSpades wrote:
No one is forcing anyone to work.  People should take the initiative to either (1) make themselves more valuable to potential employers, or (2) start their own businesses.
Communism is dead, Tippy.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:05 am

Employees are forced to work by duties of the State, either through the fear of hunger and homelessness or by means of making unemployment illegal.

Workers are the property of the State & Government. In Denmark, industry workers are unknowingly brainwashed and enslaved by the Social-Democratic Party, by the means of taxation:

The Social-Democrats are taxing their incomes heavily yet not allowing for a high minimum wage. Through this method, the workers stay workers until they can legally retire at an old age.

At the very least a very, very high minimum wage should be in place, and every unemployed citizen should have the right to refuse work and get UBI - or get employment and paid high minimum wages.

This way, the workers can actually afford to put money aside for early retirement - a private early pension scheme and be totally free of the interference from the State, Party and Government. But this political view is banned by the Social-Democrats.