Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 5:50 pm

I was bitten about two years ago by a dog that was chilling outside his owners shop door. I was proper miffed with the dog and told it to go away while it was in the process of biting me somehow thinking it would listen to my polite request. Luckily the owner came out and asked what I wanted (wtf)......your dog is mauling me......I want it off my leg. Dumbfounded by his response I said I wanted to know when the carpet place was open next to his shop after his dog finally let go and for some reason we both pretended like it never happened.

I went to the police station and they wondered what happened and bandaged it up for me. They told me that it was bad and I needed to go to the hospital. I thought they were just being overly cautions but only now I decided to look properly wondering if it left and mark behind on my leg and it did. A 15mm by 8mm scar on my leg. It must have left a huge hole in it.

This isn't the first time it's happened too. I've been bitten a few times as a kid and dogs just seem to hate me.

I know people with ASD give off a weak vibe but dogs certainly seem to notice mine at the very least.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 6:00 pm

I've known a lot of dogs to randomly attack people for no reason. My friend went to her cousin's house, who had a dog, and for no reason the dog just went for my friend and she almost lost her hand. It's made her afraid of dogs ever since (she's NT). And I heard the same sort of thing happen to other people too. My boyfriend's niece has just had a new baby and they have a rather aggressive bulldog. I wouldn't let that anywhere near a helpless baby or a child.

These dog-lovers watch these programmes where cats are vicious to people, and they say ''uh, that's why I don't like cats'', but they forget that dogs can be just as bad, if not worse. I've heard of more cases of dogs attacking people and even killing children than I have heard of cats doing the same. Generally a cat will hiss or run away if they see a human as a threat, where as if a dog sees a (innocent) human as a threat they'd just go for you and they can be so strong it can be like a lion attacking you.

I wouldn't want to see any dog being harmed, and I do like some dogs and I know they're not all bad, but I still prefer cats.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm

Two weeks ago an off leash dog bit me. No injuries, just sore a couple of days. Owner gave me a hundred bucks for ripped pants

This year, on the way from the work to the train station, an off leash dog bit me.

On the way from the train station to work, dog bit me.

Three dog bites this year and it is still September

2018. At an animal rights building, I was looking for something to buy to eat (yes it sells food). A dog off leash, barking and bit me and I was screaming. Some self righteous ass hole had the nerve to tell me "you don't treat animals that way! Animal rights!". (what a great slogan) (slippery slope). And he told me to leave the building. And I left the building.

(His statement made it sound like screaming in reaction to a dog bite , etiquette equivalent of, pigs in a slaughter house. Those lil dipshits are so full of themselves, they could effortlessly spin anything to make it look angelic or devilish, by virtue of them liking or not liking it)

(f**k those self righteous ass holes! They acted like the correct reaction to a dog bite, lying down still while the dog finishes devouring my worthless corpse!).

2016 first dog bite. I was doing work on the sidewalk. Dog that I didn't even see, started barking, bit me and left. Zero injuries.

Some precious lil "people" act like they are above the Leash Law

And I am 38 years old

kuze
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2021, 7:17 pm

Well one of my cats likes to square up to dogs in my street, its hilarious to see miffed owners with 'tough' looking dogs that hide behind their owners legs when my cat goes for them haha.

kuze

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 1:44 am

Joe90 wrote:
I've known a lot of dogs to randomly attack people for no reason. My friend went to her cousin's house, who had a dog, and for no reason the dog just went for my friend and she almost lost her hand. It's made her afraid of dogs ever since (she's NT). And I heard the same sort of thing happen to other people too. My boyfriend's niece has just had a new baby and they have a rather aggressive bulldog. I wouldn't let that anywhere near a helpless baby or a child.

These dog-lovers watch these programmes where cats are vicious to people, and they say ''uh, that's why I don't like cats'', but they forget that dogs can be just as bad, if not worse. I've heard of more cases of dogs attacking people and even killing children than I have heard of cats doing the same. Generally a cat will hiss or run away if they see a human as a threat, where as if a dog sees a (innocent) human as a threat they'd just go for you and they can be so strong it can be like a lion attacking you.

I wouldn't want to see any dog being harmed, and I do like some dogs and I know they're not all bad, but I still prefer cats.

I prefer cats too. They're more snappy but when they do attack they never attack with the intention to cause harm.

Dogs on the other hand often do. Most dogs seem nice but the dogs that do attack seem to either give a cowardly nip and run off or commit to a good mauling for almost no reason.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 1:46 am

I've never been attacked by a dog. They seem to like me for some reason. Dogs used to get really excited and jump all over me when I was a kid though, which was scary when I was really little.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 1:50 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Two weeks ago an off leash dog bit me. No injuries, just sore a couple of days. Owner gave me a hundred bucks for ripped pants

This year, on the way from the work to the train station, an off leash dog bit me.

2018. At an animal rights building, I was looking for something to buy to eat (yes it sells food). A dog off leash, barking and bit me and I was screaming. Some self righteous ass hole had the nerve to tell me "you don't treat animals that way! Animal rights!". (what a great slogan) (slippery slope). And he told me to leave the building. And I left the building.

(His statement made it sound like screaming in reaction to a dog bite , etiquette equivalent of, pigs in a slaughter house. Those lil dipshits are so full of themselves, they could effortlessly spin anything to make it look angelic or devilish, by virtue of them liking or not liking it)

(f**k those self righteous ass holes! They acted like the correct reaction to a dog bite, lying down still while the dog finishes devouring my worthless corpse!).

2016 first dog bite. I was doing work on the sidewalk. Dog that I didn't even see, started barking, bit me and left. Zero injuries.

And I am 38 years old

Damn. I would consider carrying a weapon if I was you. I have thought from time to time about carrying a knife (illegal in the UK I know). I'm on the wrong end of aggressive dogs a lot more often than I'm searched by police so think it can only be beneficial. I'm still mulling over the idea. It's just weighing up potential trouble and dogs considerably outweigh the police in terms of said trouble.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 2:32 am

Nades wrote:

And I am 38 years old

It's just weighing up potential trouble and dogs considerably outweigh the police in terms of said trouble.[/quote]

Hmm this seems to be reversed for me :(

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:30 am

Danusaurus wrote:
Nades wrote:

And I am 38 years old

It's just weighing up potential trouble and dogs considerably outweigh the police in terms of said trouble.

Hmm this seems to be reversed for me :([/quote]

Ive never been searched by the police out in public though I would rather the police be more trouble than dogs......at least they don't maul people in the UK

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 6:31 am

Dogs and cats usually like me, even ones that are aloof with most people.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 11:28 am

I've never been attacked by any dog. The worst I got was nearly chased by one.
Cats had most likely did and usually because I had provoked them in some way.
Yet I like cats more.

Yet more dogs do bark or growl and did threatened me more times.
They're usually strays on quiet street or are actually intended to guard something...
.. Or in this house's case, jealous. :skull:

Animals as a whole aren't particularly hostile towards me nor are actively trying to be. Including dogs.
And personally, I don't care much about animals as a whole. I prefer to leave them alone, and them leaving me alone.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

08 Sep 2021, 12:35 pm

I have never been randomly attacked by dogs, but I’m still scared of them. I much prefer cats.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 12:13 am

I was bitten by a dog around age 12, but have only had excellent relations with them as an adult. One dog used to bark at almost all visitors, often for quite a while, but when I arrived, even her fur stayed flat.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 1:39 am

Dear_one wrote:
I was bitten by a dog around age 12, but have only had excellent relations with them as an adult. One dog used to bark at almost all visitors, often for quite a while, but when I arrived, even her fur stayed flat.

Most dogs are OK to me but it's all to often I bump into aggressive dogs. Almost all times they never attack but I sill dislike dogs in general.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Sep 2021, 2:35 am

I've only had one dog bite in the past few years - must have been about two or three years ago when I was distributing leaflets, something I often do for the agents from a local agency. This once place, the owner must have just got home and hasn't closed the gate yet and one of the dogs zapped me when I popped the leaflet in the postbox. The elderly couple (late 70s/early 80s) invited me in and she patched me up, but after leaving them, on friendly terms I carried on for about twenty minutes but could hardly move my arm. So called the agent who arranged for medical treatment. It was all about bad timing - I should have waited until the lady had come down to close the gate.

Dogs almost always like me and I like them. I always play with those who look friendly - I can usually sense the vibes then dog is sending. I had a wonderful Miniature Pinscher of my own who I rescued as a tiny puppy while staying at a homeless shelter a few years before my diagnosis. I don't think I could have coped without Benji's companionship. I had him for over 12 years. He had two narrow escapes as a youngster - once ridden over by a LDV which stopped to check on him - we were driving down the road to fetch donations when we saw what happened. He was fine but had oil on his coat from the LDV - that's how close it was. His other narrow escape was when he developed biliary.

The folk next door have two lovely beagles that I always talk to on my way out or to the shops. My landlady has a Weimaraner but he's not all that affectionate. The female they used to have but died, was very friendly.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 1:37 am

I was bitten on the hand by a dog when I was 10. It was a neighbour's dog and I put my hand out for it to sniff to get to know me but instead it just bit me. I think it was scared and felt threatened??

The bite wasn't bad, I just washed it and it was ok.

My friend's dog doesn't like me, probably because I smell like cats.